Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved, 6.5% @ 48m for used auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved, 6.5% @ 48m for used auto loan

I'm heading back to the garden. I left as we had a want/need for a different vehicle.

We closed on our home 12/30. We've been busy doing work to the home and as spring rolls around we wanted to replace a 2010 Kia Optima with a vehicle that could transport heavier items, tow a camper and fit the growing family.

Knew my scores had a big dip from when I went app spreeing when we closed on our home, but not exact fico numbers.

Drove 3 hours down to a dealer who had what I wanted, bought the '01 Suburban negotiated down to $8,900 with 86,000 miles on it and received a loan for 6.5% for 48 months though some credit union the dealer worked with (I had my CU number ready if needed). Locally similar vehicles were going for 4k more with 50k more miles on them. Happy with my purchase (very mechanically inclined so the older vehicle suits me just fine) and the wife loves it. Credit pulled was 658 (it's heading back up at least from the app spree).

I was going to trade in the Optima but it has negative equity of 2k. I'll get it squared away in the next month then go over to CarMax, get a quote and then there are a few dealers in town that do the "$500 over carmax" deal.

1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved, 6.5% @ 48m for used auto loan

Congrats on your new vehicle!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.