cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved, Thanks to everyone for the help!

tag
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Approved, Thanks to everyone for the help!

Over the last year I have been working hard to reverse the baddies and gain some control and knowledge of my credit. I just applied to DCU today for an auto refi and although I got their worst rate of 11.49% it is much better than the 18.84% I had and I am happy to be approved in the first place. I was happier to have the rep confirm that there are no negative accounts on my credit and that onl two factors were hurting my score - Credit uti 97% and too many new accounts. I plan to make more than my required monthly payent for the next 6 months., stay in the garden and not app for any new credit and pay my uti down. Then hopefully refi at their best rate!

Thanks evryone for the support and advice along the way.

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved, Thanks to everyone for the help!

@Chezy1025 wrote:

Over the last year I have been working hard to reverse the baddies and gain some control and knowledge of my credit. I just applied to DCU today for an auto refi and although I got their worst rate of 11.49% it is much better than the 18.84% I had and I am happy to be approved in the first place. I was happier to have the rep confirm that there are no negative accounts on my credit and that onl two factors were hurting my score - Credit uti 97% and too many new accounts. I plan to make more than my required monthly payent for the next 6 months., stay in the garden and not app for any new credit and pay my uti down. Then hopefully refi at their best rate!

Thanks evryone for the support and advice along the way.

I'd halt on opening new accounts until you paid your UTI down...  and no, opening a new account to lower overall UTI doesn't count.

Grats on the refi.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 4
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Yeah I plan to let everything age and let a majority of my hard pulls fall off before I do anything. Next step is to garden for at least 12 months and then work on some better credit cards
Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your refi.  Before you know it, you'll be getting 2% APR

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.