Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved by NFCU but horrible rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved by NFCU but horrible rate

lol, yeah my credit scores are between 518 to 592. Been working on getting my bad debt off as of a month ago. Someone told me to go try roadloans.com but I know nothing about them. I needed a car for the family and so I paid itSmiley Sad The credit unions here won't touch me unless I have 650 score or higher. Any ideas on who I should go through? ThanksSmiley Happy

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You think thats bad. My interest rate is 29.99 on my car loan with Reliable Credit. Sucks because no other place would touch me.

yikes thats horrible....you could've turned it down like I did mine.

Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lol, yeah my credit scores are between 518 to 592. Been working on getting my bad debt off as of a month ago. Someone told me to go try roadloans.com but I know nothing about them. I needed a car for the family and so I paid itSmiley Sad The credit unions here won't touch me unless I have 650 score or higher. Any ideas on who I should go through? ThanksSmiley Happy

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You think thats bad. My interest rate is 29.99 on my car loan with Reliable Credit. Sucks because no other place would touch me.

yikes thats horrible....you could've turned it down like I did mine.

I might start a new thread for yourself but:

Give us the details on the car you bought (year,make,model, miles, price)

and what are your loan terms and payment (72 months?) current payoff?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Just got some of the paperwork from NFCU about the loan...

They pulled my EQ (of course), but they got a 658! Thats close to 30pts lower than myFICO. That would make sense as to why I got approved, but at 10%.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 15
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I didn't use credit for about 21 years after filing chp 13.  My wife decided to get a car and the apr was 28.8 percent.  After paying it for two years,  I tried going through my bank.  I was denied not enough credit history.  I tried again a this year, the same thing.  The bank ticked me off,  so I joined NFCU.  I  joined that CU,  got Cash rewards with a 12.5k limit. Then at the end of last month,  I decided to try to refinance the car through NFCU,  approved within a hour for a loan with a 3.49 apr and monthly payment went from 248 to 131 a month.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.