Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved by harley

tag
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved by harley

I financed my 2011 Harley Davidson Streetglide through HD Financial Services (Eaglemark Savings Bank) and did it just as a matter of convenience because the dealer makes it really easy. My APR was 9.2% for 60 months....I made the equivalent of 3 payments per month, for 10 straight months, just to pay down the principal a lot faster so I wouldn't be stuck paying all of that interest. In 10 months I got the principal down to a reasonable level and ended up depositing a balance transfer check (with no fee) to my checking account for 0% interest over 16 months and paid off the balance of the loan. So, I gave HD Financial Services a small amount in finance charges but in the end I paid off the bike a lot faster and a heck of a lot cheaper by borrowing at 0% on a credit card balance transfer check. Yeah, it doesn't work for everyone and I'm not recommending that's what you do....but it worked for me.

Just my opinion but you will want to double or triple up on your loan payments with an interest rate at 19% APR...you will want to pay down on the principal and do it fast....assuming it's a finance contract you signed (it showed up on my credit reports as a "finance account") with simple interest and it calculates each and every day 365 days per year...meaning the higher your principal balance on any given day, the more you're going to pay in interest and it calculates daily. You can check out your account by registering with Harley Davidson Financial Services and pay online...they accept checking, debit and credit card payments which is really convenient if you want to rack up some rewards points on a particular credit card...they charge $6 for each online payment transaction.

Message 11 of 12
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Approved by harley

With the original post in 2009...hopefully this loan is paid off by now.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.