Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for an auto loan

tag
amylab9497
New Visitor

Approved for an auto loan

So a little over a year ago I paid off some bad items on my credit report, and put $3,000 down on a $10,000 vehicle loan. I got a subprime loan with an interest rate of 13.9% for that vehicle, but this past Friday I went to a dealership to look at trading in that vehicle for a newer car. Well to my surprise I got approved with 1,000 in negative equity on my trade for a $17,200 car with a rate of 6.9%. Proof that if you make your payments on time and work hard you can improve your credit. Oh and the new car loan is through a good bank and not subprime as before, and I actually had offers from 3 different banks for the loan where as before I had to put a chunk down, and before that I couldn't even get a car loan with a cosigner. I'm not sure as to what my credit scores are or which they pulled but they must be moving up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for an auto loan

congrats

Message 2 of 3
Robertwd82
New Contributor

Re: Approved for an auto loan

Theyre supposed to make you sign a peice of paper that shows your credit score... It might be in your paperwork.

Chances are you may be able to beat that rate by quite a bit through a credit union. I would look into checking your score through this website and then check out www.dcu.org

If your auto enhanced fico(the one that will be on that paper you signed) is a 675 then you can get 1.9% most likely.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.