cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for two of my dream cars at once!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for two of my dream cars at once!

So, a few years ago, I was in a position of fixing my credit after basically running it down to low 500s. Did a lot of research and a lot of disputing till I got to the point of feeling comfortable applying for a new car loan. Read a lot about PenFed and that they only pull EQ so I applied and asked for 30k, which at the time would be the largest auto loan I've ever pulled out so I was super nervous for asking for that much. BOOM, penfed approved it for their best rate at the time of 2.8%. I was shocked and super happy...

well, been paying double my payment for 3 years now and have really been eyeing two cars. The first one was more of a fantasy due to many factors. It was a Tesla Model S. Looove Tesla just as a kid loves limbos. And the other was always a Land Rover. Always always wanted one and knew one day that was obtainable for me. Well flash forward to more recently, Land Rover announced their all New Discovery. I fell in love and started to save my money to make up some of the difference I figured I wouldn't get approved for. I placed my order and been waiting for two months now, during that wait, I continue to work on my credit and make sure it was in the best shape possible. Well, a couple weeks ago, I figured my credit was as good as it will get so I used penFed again and crossed my fingers. BOOM! Instent approved for up to $60k! Was in shocked... so I figured I would try my luck with one of their credit cards while I go them. Bigger Boom! 37,000 dollar line of credit!! Congrats on your approvals but please refrain from trying to circumvent the profanity filter - Irish80

After the dust has settled, I was still thinking about my dream car Tesla and how it's further proof and if I took delievery of the Land Rover, I would still be wishing I owned a tesla... well, right around that time, tesla had a promotion of 0.99% for 72m and expires next month. I got a little interested so I started to look at their inventory cars since I got word that they discount their inventory models. Came access a model S 90D spec out the way I wanted that had 8,500 off for he shoe room discount plus I could use a referral and get another 1000 off.. did the math, with all things considered, IT WAS IN REACH! Sooo... I figured, hey, why not? Let me put in a app for the hell of it because idc if I don't get approved, I have my Land Rover on the way and 60k approval was probably already pushing for a bank to approve me on.

The next day, I got an email from alliant credit union with a loan Decision for the Tesla. I opened it and literally about fainted. Congratulations, your auto loan for a Tesla has been approved for up to 85,000..... and that was the amount I needed... shocked.. still in shock.. I'm happy to say that I've placed the order and expecting my fantasy dream car in 2 weeks!!!!

I would have never imagined I would be in this position a few years ago when I could hardy get approved for a 15k car loan at 11%... by applying everything I've learned over the years and kept my auto loan history in great shape by paying more then I owe. kept asking for more every time I bought a new car to increase responsibility, it made everything possible.

So here I am, with two auto loan approvals for two of my dream cars, a Land Rover and a Tesla. Well, I might as well cancel the Land Rover ;p

11 REPLIES 11
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for two of my dream cars at once!

Wow!!!!! DOUBLE WOW!!!Smiley LOL

May I ask what your income is?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wife and I are both active duty members for 10 years now with a duel income of 11,000 a month.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What are your data points since repairing your credit?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that term? Date points?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! currently I walk and ride my bike everywhere or take a bus however I'd love to own a car but in no hurry as I need to do more research lots lol still don't know much of anything. Smiley Happy please if you don't mind share some data on how this was possible for you? thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contratulations!

EQ: 770; TU: 738; EX: 722

PenFed ViSA Gold: $43K; Chase Southwest: $16K; Chase Slate: $16K; USAA Rate Adv: $24K

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that term? Date points?

Data points refers to credit profile such as current scores, length of credit history, etc,  anything that can help others to see if they might be able to be approved for same type of loan.  Completely optional whether you provide them or not.

Message 8 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!  Congratulations and enjoy those nice new vehicles when you get them!

Message 9 of 12
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I am putting your payment north of $2000 for both vehicles. or 18% plus of your DTI ratio. Room for a nice house payment at today's interest rates.

Congrats and enjoy your purchases. Thank you for your service!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.