Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audi Financial Credit or BMW financial

tag
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Audi Financial Credit or BMW financial

Anyone have any success applying for a loan with Audi Financial Credit or BMW?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Audi Financial Credit or BMW financial

That's sort of broad. I'm sure plenty of people have been approved here and elsewhere with Audi and BMW. Check out the approvals thread.

If you want help on guaging an approval, we'd need things like your fico, prior installment history, prior revolving history, income (roughly, no need for exacts) to take a stab in the dark.

Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@dtjones052209 wrote:

what is your question about?

like remember0 said, there are many people on this forums who have been approved by either or both.

I have been approved for 2 loans by BMW so far. One is still ongoing, the other is paid off early.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@dtjones052209 wrote:

like remember0 said, there are many people on this forums who have been approved by either or both.

I have been approved for 2 loans by BMW so far. One is still ongoing, the other is paid off early.

Yeah the question was a very broad question. I am talking in terms of service or after the fact purchase. To me the biggest headache is not necessarily the process of buying a car, but the service received after the purchase from the lender. I heard the santander horror stories and so on. My wife and i are in the process of buying a Audi Q7 and want to know the experience with the two banks or should we just keep our relationship with ExxonMobil credit union.  Just curious that's all.
Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dtjones052209 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@dtjones052209 wrote:

Yeah the question was a very broad question. I am talking in terms of service or after the fact purchase. To me the biggest headache is not necessarily the process of buying a car, but the service received after the purchase from the lender. I heard the santander horror stories and so on. My wife and i are in the process of buying a Audi Q7 and want to know the experience with the two banks or should we just keep our relationship with ExxonMobil credit union.  Just curious that's all.
Thanks for your reply.

If you are buying a Audi how does BMW come into play?

I would always suggest applying at the CU so you have a worse case scenario rate and approval to use but I would assume if you are buying at Audi and it's new or certified they have special promo rates that would hopefully beat out the CU but again that's why it's good to have that CU loan approval already if possible and then it's an easy process.

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

what kind of service are you talking about? 

The financing company? Or the manufacturer? Or dealerships for that make in general?

I haven't had to call BMW financial services once. I set up payments online and that's pretty much it. I haven't been late on any payments, so I don't know how negotiable or "nice" they are about issues like this. In general, they don't bother me, and I don't bother them. There's really no servicing required, at least for me. I would just go with whichever bank that provides you with the best terms. Doesn't really make sense to pay a higher interest rate just for slightly better service that you will barely ever use. 

As for service by the manufacturer,  BMW includes 4 years maintenance and warranty. I've serviced my cars and the service been great, though it may vary depending on the dealership. I always got a loaner and I'm out of the dealership in less than 15 minutes each time round. 

As for Audi, my girlfriend had a 2008 TT Roadster, which I also was a registered owner. She bought it brand new from Beverly Hills Audi then, and the dealership closed temporarily to relocate to another location in Beverly Hills. I was the one who had to bring her car to service, and both Downtown Audi and Santa Monica Audi gave me nothing but headaches. Arranged for a loaner while making the appointment, but never got one both times at both dealerships. They didn't even want to send me home so I ended up having to take a taxi on my tab to get my other car. And they kept trying to charge her for servicing even though she had already given them her Audicare number and paperwork. Attitude of staff at those dealerships were pretty horrible as well once they found out the service had already been prepaid. Servicing was slow, which partly had to do with the stupid car having lots of issues to fix. For instance, the convertible roof broke down 4 times in the first 2 years and had to be completely replaced. It was under warranty though so we didn't have to pay. It's still damn irritating when a brand new car keeps breaking down and you're forced to waste time bringing it to a dealership. She couldn't tolerate it any longer after 2 years and sold that piece of crap for a Mercedes and never looked back.

So yea, my experiences with Audi have been a complete disaster, and I won't be looking at their vehicles anytime in the near future. Maybe it's just our luck and your experiences will hopefully be much better. I have some friends who also have lots of issues with Audi, but there are also some who swear by that brand. In my opinion, the only advantage they seem to have over their german competitors is that they're a lot cheaper than BMW and Mercedes in general. 

For me, the best service any manufacturer, bank or dealership can provide is to make everything as minimally inconvenient as possible. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

The financing company? Or the manufacturer? Or dealerships for that make in general?

I haven't had to call BMW financial services once. I set up payments online and that's pretty much it. I haven't been late on any payments, so I don't know how negotiable or "nice" they are about issues like this. In general, they don't bother me, and I don't bother them. There's really no servicing required, at least for me. I would just go with whichever bank that provides you with the best terms. Doesn't really make sense to pay a higher interest rate just for slightly better service that you will barely ever use. 

As for service by the manufacturer,  BMW includes 4 years maintenance and warranty. I've serviced my cars and the service been great, though it may vary depending on the dealership. I always got a loaner and I'm out of the dealership in less than 15 minutes each time round. 

As for Audi, my girlfriend had a 2008 TT Roadster, which I also was a registered owner. She bought it brand new from Beverly Hills Audi then, and the dealership closed temporarily to relocate to another location in Beverly Hills. I was the one who had to bring her car to service, and both Downtown Audi and Santa Monica Audi gave me nothing but headaches. Arranged for a loaner while making the appointment, but never got one both times at both dealerships. They didn't even want to send me home so I ended up having to take a taxi on my tab to get my other car. And they kept trying to charge her for servicing even though she had already given them her Audicare number and paperwork. Attitude of staff at those dealerships were pretty horrible as well once they found out the service had already been prepaid. Servicing was slow, which partly had to do with the stupid car having lots of issues to fix. For instance, the convertible roof broke down 4 times in the first 2 years and had to be completely replaced. It was under warranty though so we didn't have to pay. It's still damn irritating when a brand new car keeps breaking down and you're forced to waste time bringing it to a dealership. She couldn't tolerate it any longer after 2 years and sold that piece of crap for a Mercedes and never looked back.

So yea, my experiences with Audi have been a complete disaster, and I won't be looking at their vehicles anytime in the near future. Maybe it's just our luck and your experiences will hopefully be much better. I have some friends who also have lots of issues with Audi, but there are also some who swear by that brand. In my opinion, the only advantage they seem to have over their german competitors is that they're a lot cheaper than BMW and Mercedes in general. 

For me, the best service any manufacturer, bank or dealership can provide is to make everything as minimally inconvenient as possible. 

Thanks enharu for the information. That was very helpful.

As for the BMW we also were looking at a couple of their cars as well. 

As in my profession we are in and out of the country quite often and i would have to deal with the customer service portion from time to time and would not perfer the hassle of customer service. I was just curious of the level of service one would receive.  We have an ongoing relationship with the CU, but always wanted to look into the perks of financing with the company's bank. (incentives, rebates, ect.)

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@dtjones052209 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Thanks enharu for the information. That was very helpful.

As for the BMW we also were looking at a couple of their cars as well. 

As in my profession we are in and out of the country quite often and i would have to deal with the customer service portion from time to time and would not perfer the hassle of customer service. I was just curious of the level of service one would receive.  We have an ongoing relationship with the CU, but always wanted to look into the perks of financing with the company's bank. (incentives, rebates, ect.)

In my opinion, Audi makes very nice looking cars, compared to BMW and Mercedes. Their exterior in general look a lot more elegant and clean. Interior wise, I'm not a big fan of Audi, but it's still something that I wouldn't mind. Mercedes probably makes the nicest interior out of the 3. In terms of handling and driving experience, the standard BMWs are generally better than the standard Audi and Mercedes. Eventually it's up to your personal preference.

As for service, what do you think you will be calling customer service about? Or is it service with regards to the dealership? Some dealerships will even drop you at the airport for free.

Financing through manufacturer is generally easier to get the best rates available, since there is an incentive for them to sell their own cars. Sometimes they're somewhat negotiable about the rates as well, so don't just accept whatever they give you, unless you already got the lowest rate available. The rebates / promos can vary from time to time, but the easiest promo to get is the loyalty bonus. Sometimes you are able to "cheese" your way through and have the dealership include the rebate for you even though you had never owned a BMW / Audi in the past. Just cook up some story about your parents driving that brand of cars and that's why you are buying this brand again. So far most of my friends and myself were able to get the loyalty bonus even when we never had a car from that manufacturer before.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.