Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audi and VW financing apps through websites

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Audi and VW financing apps through websites

Doesn't Audi use VW financing? I am looking at possibly an Audi A4, a VW Passat TDI or maybe a Subaru. I have gone without a car for way too long. I think it is time I buy.

I really want an A4. I really don't want my Ex thinking I am "rich" though. 

Edit: I guess my question is if I will need to app twice to VW financing if I am going to look at both VW dealership and Audi dealership. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Audi and VW financing apps through websites

@bahbahd wrote:

Doesn't Audi use VW financing? I am looking at possibly an Audi A4, a VW Passat TDI or maybe a Subaru. I have gone without a car for way too long. I think it is time I buy.

Edit: I guess my question is if I will need to app twice to VW financing if I am going to look at both VW dealership and Audi dealership. Thoughts?

Get pre-approvals together from credit unions and or banks. Use them as a negotiating tool at the dealership ie. see if the dealer can beat the rate. Also, check to see if the vehicle you want has any promo financing terms.

Auto INQS within a sort period of time are scored as a single INQ.

An A4 doesn't seem like a rich person's car to me. It's just a basic small sedan, not like an R8 or anything. I think an STI would come across as flashier than an A4. You could probabaly even step it up a bit to an S4 and most people wouldn't know the difference. Even an S8 doesn't stand out that much. It really seems to take an exotic look to draw attention. Although, your EX is probably gonna B**** no matter what you buy....

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 8
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

Get pre-approvals together from credit unions and or banks. Use them as a negotiating tool at the dealership ie. see if the dealer can beat the rate. Also, check to see if the vehicle you want has any promo financing terms.

Auto INQS within a sort period of time are scored as a single INQ.

An A4 doesn't seem like a rich person's car to me. It's just a basic small sedan, not like an R8 or anything. I think an STI would come across as flashier than an A4. You could probabaly even step it up a bit to an S4 and most people wouldn't know the difference. Even an S8 doesn't stand out that much. It really seems to take an exotic look to draw attention. Although, your EX is probably gonna B**** no matter what you buy....

Just having that Audi symbol is enough for some people to say wow, but I agree an A4 is far from a rich person's car. It's the into car to a luxury brand, so a very nice car, but not too flashy if you get a mild color. Besides who cares what your ex thinks! Smiley Tongue

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 3 of 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Besides who cares what your ex thinks! Smiley Tongue

My wallet cares...

Message 4 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Besides who cares what your ex thinks! Smiley Tongue

My wallet cares...

Too familiar.....

Message 5 of 8
ds3
Regular Contributor

I have both...a 2013 Passat TDI SEL and a 2013 A4 Premium. Both are financed through VW, but I don't think you can get away with 1 app, as each company is separate. Only way I think it would work is if you could find a VW/Audi dealer.

As far as which one to get...the mileage with the Passat is unreal. 45mpg is typical, and the car looks great...I get lots of "what is that? It's really nice looking". If you want fast and powerful, go with the A4. Despite what others have said, it is a true luxury sedan, just kind of small. I drove BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, and Audi. The A4 was head and shoulders better than the rest. The MMI system in the 2013s is stunning compared to the Passat. My biggest complaint with the Passat is the infotainment system...it is generations behind the A4, and so slow it will make you nuts. The backup camera often comes on 30 seconds after I have already put it in drive after backing up. The Passat is enormous inside compared to the Audi, and 6'6" adults can sit in the back comfortably. The Audi, not so much, but I don't sit in the back, and really don't care.

Practicality....Passat. Fun to drive....A4.

I bought both mostly to annoy my ex, but my kids are grown and I owe her nothing, so rubbing her nose in it is fun now.

Message 6 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ds3 wrote:

I have both...a 2013 Passat TDI SEL and a 2013 A4 Premium. Both are financed through VW, but I don't think you can get away with 1 app, as each company is separate. Only way I think it would work is if you could find a VW/Audi dealer.

As far as which one to get...the mileage with the Passat is unreal. 45mpg is typical, and the car looks great...I get lots of "what is that? It's really nice looking". If you want fast and powerful, go with the A4. Despite what others have said, it is a true luxury sedan, just kind of small. I drove BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, and Audi. The A4 was head and shoulders better than the rest. The MMI system in the 2013s is stunning compared to the Passat. My biggest complaint with the Passat is the infotainment system...it is generations behind the A4, and so slow it will make you nuts. The backup camera often comes on 30 seconds after I have already put it in drive after backing up. The Passat is enormous inside compared to the Audi, and 6'6" adults can sit in the back comfortably. The Audi, not so much, but I don't sit in the back, and really don't care.

Practicality....Passat. Fun to drive....A4.

I bought both mostly to annoy my ex, but my kids are grown and I owe her nothing, so rubbing her nose in it is fun now.

If only I had parking for two cars....haha

Good mix of cars. It will allow you to keep the mileage down on both. You have a fun car when you want it and a commuter when you want the fuel mileage...nice

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

My last car was an used A4, the equivalent of a prestige trim level. Bought that for an awesome deal and drove that till it was totaled. I've test driven many cars, nothing does compare. My GF now has a 2012 Jetta TDI. The A4 is much more fun to drive but the Jetta is killer in it's own ways.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.