Did you mean: 

Auto Approval After Ch. 7 With 25% Down on New Car

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Approval After Ch. 7 With 25% Down on New Car

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha! I did burn them, unfortunately. My best friend says they do second chances, though.

they do - usually a minimum 1 year post discharge

Thanks for the info, then! I'll have some good leverage to re-finance (especially with a lot of positive equity) within the next 6 months, and again in a year. Once I've been on the job for a year (started last month), my CU will finance me at a decent rate, possibly 2.9% or so. And then I'll have the option of Cap One, too. But I just need that initial loan to get the process started. Then again, I'm not buying sh*t until my current car gets repossessed, because for now, it's a free ride. They could just be waiting for the official discharge date, but I don't know why they'd do that when the stay was lifted in December and they can come get it anytime. And for every month they don't repossess it, I can amass a larger down-payment. Who knows, I may have $30K in cash by the time they get around to snatching my current car...

Message 11 of 12
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Auto Approval After Ch. 7 With 25% Down on New Car

I got a 10.95 with WF and 9.95 with Carfinance.com but went with WF

@Anonymous wrote:

@TXinandout wrote:
You should be fine. Check rates with Wells Fargo (pre-approval)online, I got approved about a month post discharge with a 565 FICO. You might also want to check carfinance.com since it was and easy pre-approval for me too.

What sort of rate did you get? I should note that I've not had my current job, or the one before that, very long. I've only been here for a bit over a month.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.