Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Enhanced TU Fico... WHAT!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Auto Enhanced TU Fico... WHAT!

I pulled my TU this month and it's up to 623.  I have a 4 month old car loan in good history.  Today I went to Toyota to see about leasing a Prius and they say my score is 530 TU.

A 100 point difference between Auto Enhanced and regular TU??

and I should note when I got the car loan 4 months ago, my auto enhanced fico was 563, so it actually went down!!! I don't get it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Enhanced TU Fico... WHAT!

Whenever you go car shopping you should know what your FICO score is so when they pull this standard trick of understating your FICO in order to squeeze a higher priced loan from you you can call them on it.  In any event I would have demanded that they give you a hard copy of the score instead of verbally giving it to you.  In most instances there wouldn't be that dramatic of a difference.  Sounds fishy.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They legally can not let you walk out with a credit report.

and when I bought my car 4 months ago, my TU was 602 and auto enhanced fico was 563 but I had no open car loans so I figured when I did have one, that score would improve faster than my regular since it's suppose to way so heavily on past and current car loans.

The bigger question is WHY can't I buy a auto enhanced fico, I feel like I'm dealing with EX when someone tells me such a drastically different report that I can't even see... I left steaming mad at fico

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm ... I went in to a local dealership clueless about my FICO score. The sales manager asked me if I had ever seen my scores, I said no, he told me they werent horrible but they were not good. He was able to get me approved after we went back and forth about a cosigner. After I heard the interest rate I said no thanks but I asked him for a copy of the report and he gave it to me.

Message 4 of 6
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, it does indeed sound fishy, but the only even remotely semi-plausible explanation may be

that your current car loan is very new and therefore has a high % still owed. Not likely an explanation

for such a large score variance, but thought I'd throw it out there..

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

actually just got the alert, they pulled an auto enhanced from EX! What, I thought toyota always pulled TU and EQ and take highest.

although I am happy that they only pulled 1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.