Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Fico Score?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Auto Fico Score?

So does Auto Fico score really exist and does it matter more than your normal Fico? I ask because recently i went to the dealership alone and bought a used Nissan Leaf for 8k, paid half so only 5k financed after taxes and such. I noticed my score was 566 which is really low but he mentioned it could be because i don't have an auto loan. The range was also from 250-900. I am also confused becasue they didn't ask for paystubs. I ws signing papers and asked is my stubs needed, he said no and capital one was the lender. He ran credit to Capital One and Wells Fargo. So just wondering if anyone has any insight why stubs wouldn't be needed when my score was so low and such. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Fico Score?

If I had to guess maybe because you have alot of cards and the loan was for such a small amount they believed proof income wasn't necessary.  What interest rate did you get and how many miles/year is on your leaf.(I love leaf's I believe it is the best car you can get for your buck atm, if you can find somewhere to charge and don't have a long commute.)

Message 2 of 3
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Fico Score?

We got a 2011 leaf for 8k and 38k miles. Loving it so far. My commute is only a few miles to and from but finding a charger for us isnt too bad. DH can plugin at work if he takes the car. The interest rate isn't the greatest but not concerned since as you mentioned its a smaller loan but i can refinance later if i choose to down the road. Interest rate was 8% with Capital one.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.