Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Load with a local credit union what question to ask

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Load with a local credit union what question to ask

Hello everyone:

I am in the market to buy a new car. I walked into a local credit union to ask for auto loan information.

The financial service staff told me that their loan doesn't have APR, application fee and service fee, the loan only has inerest rate.

1. Could you give me some suggestions as to  what kind of qustions to ask to ensure that I receive a good deal from the credit union / lender?

2. the credit union pulled my credit score by using CREDCO (a hard inquirey) my score dropped by 2 points. I am wondering if it is possible by ask the credit union to pass my report to the dealersship, so they can share my credit report without make another hard inquirey.

Your insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Load with a local credit union what question to ask

I wouldn't get a car loan with this credit union! Try looking for no documentation fee applications. Also avoid interest only loans. The car will never be yours and you are paying interest only and nothing toward the principle balance. What does your credit profile look like?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

the apr is the interest rate! doh. 

i would stay away from them as well. 

what are your reports looking like? aaoa? inquries? score? accounts? etc... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 4
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

the apr is the interest rate! doh. 

That is wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_percentage_rate

Stay away from them, you will end up paying a lot more.

They won't share the report, they will require a new hard pull. Do some research before going to the dealership. Look for credit unions with the best APR, easy to find online. And once you found one, get pre-approved. Only then you should go to the dealer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.