Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approval WOOO!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Approval WOOO!

Hey all, a little background, I'm 20 years old with very limited history, I currently have 7 cards, 2 of wich are store cards and no limit is higher than 1000$. My credit Score isn't that greiat at all, According to myfico its 603. I Financed a car In April with Credit Acceptance Corp, buying a car worth 11k for 14k and paying 24.49% and my payments were 467$

I needed a truck for the winter so I went to my local chevy dealer to see if I could rollover part of my loan. They said they could try, They appraised my card at 7.5k and Were shocked I was shoved into a loan with Credit acceptance, and told me the previous dealer lied and screwed me over. After scratching their heads for about 6 hours trying to figure out how to roll 6.5k into a new loan, They called with good news. 

GM finicial approved me for a loan totaling 36k, @ 8% I was baffled! My mother had to cosgin but her score was mid 500's but her income was super high. The payments are 600$ But it's not too bad Seeing as I got a 2011 Chevy Silverado with 26k miles!

Chevy told me my credit was 636, I'm so Happy! Just figured I'd share.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Hoya08
Regular Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approval WOOO!

Congrats on the lower rate and picking up a "winter" car.

Since you were able to roll-over 6.5k to your new loan, re-fi your "old" car as soon as your able to... get out of that exhorbitant APR.

Message 2 of 6
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

congrats on your new truck....

Message 3 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new ride and new loan.  Do everything you can to get that thing paid down as fast as you can.  I ASSUME you purchased GAP??

Message 4 of 6
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

The American way.......  Grats on the truck, but be VERY careful.  You just rolled yourself into a potential nghtmare if you let that loan get the best of you.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Please tell me you purchased the GAP insurance?

If not, I would highly consider doing so, as, should something happen the car (ie, accicent, stolen, etc), you will be responsible for the deficiency.

But, CONGRATS to you!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.