MODEL: OPTIMA EX
MILEAGE: 32
RETAIL/LEASE: $27,900
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $19,908
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 7.89
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $349
ANNUAL INCOME: $30K
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  I just want to say that this site has been amazing for the past month or so of research.  When we finally got to a price on the car, the finance guy came in with 12.99%.  I know my credit score isn't awesome but by reading where others were at with similar scores, income, etc. I thought I could do better.  After the weekend, they came back with KMF @ 7.89% saving me THOUSANDS over the course of the loan.  THIS SITE ROCKS!!

Message 781 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

So was approved on Monday with Capital One for up to 30K, at 5.94%, so happy and have yet to find the right car. I have a question though, in the loan packet they provided my credit score for Equifax. Much to my surprise it was 668, as opposed to the 640 on here. Why so different? All auto loans are on Experian only. My other question is, should I take a chance at the dealership with financing? My report just updated with all but 1 card now reporting a zero balance. I make good money around 90K a year, have a mortgage, but home is rented in Ohio, and student loan payments, that's it. Did have some past issues, but have always been a good Capital One customer. just don't know if I should take a chance at the dealership or not, based on the above.
Message 782 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: CHASE

BUREAU PULLED: EQUIFAX
CREDIT SCORE: 720 
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: IL
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2008
MAKE: VOLVO
MODEL: S80 3.2
MILEAGE: 45,0000
RETAIL/LEASE: $19,950
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $14,900
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 mos.
APR/LEASE RATE: 4.90
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $301
ANNUAL INCOME: $51,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: First time car buyer, law student.

Message 783 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Huntington

BUREAU PULLED: Transunion

CREDIT SCORE: 735
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Oh
NEW/USED: New

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011

MAKE: Chevy

MODEL: Silverado

MILEAGE: 22

RETAIL/LEASE: $39000

AMOUNT OF LOAN: $25000

TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos.
APR/LEASE RATE: 4.24

MONTHLY PAYMENT: $413

ANNUAL INCOME: $55,000

Message 784 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So was approved on Monday with Capital One for up to 30K, at 5.94%, so happy and have yet to find the right car. I have a question though, in the loan packet they provided my credit score for Equifax. Much to my surprise it was 668, as opposed to the 640 on here. Why so different? All auto loans are on Experian only. My other question is, should I take a chance at the dealership with financing? My report just updated with all but 1 card now reporting a zero balance. I make good money around 90K a year, have a mortgage, but home is rented in Ohio, and student loan payments, that's it. Did have some past issues, but have always been a good Capital One customer. just don't know if I should take a chance at the dealership or not, based on the above.

The score you received from Capital One is an "auto enhanced" score. The score you receive from MyFICO is not.

If you can handle the additional inqueries, I would allow the dealer to shop you around a little. They might be able to get you a better rate. My wife just bought a car and Capital One financed it at 5.87%. Our dealership that we went to, a large franchised Toyota dealership, not only COULDN'T beat it, but none of their banks would even make an offer.. so it would go either way. For the record, it was my wife's first car loan and she has a very small credit file with one 120 day late payment on her credit card prior to us getting married... that is what the banks cited as reasons.

Message 785 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Dodge Financing

APPROVING BANK:Ally Bank
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE:703
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE:2012
MAKE:Dodge
MODEL:Grand Caravan
MILEAGE:70
RETAIL/LEASE:LEASE
AMOUNT OF LOAN:35000
TERM CONTRACTED:39 months
APR/LEASE RATE:3%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:437
Message 786 of 4,736
tony_stewartfan20

APPROVING BANK: Ally
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 700 (I'm pretty sure this is an auto enhanced score)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Louisiana
MAKE: Buick
MODEL: Enclave CXL
MILEAGE: 500
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $37,148.00
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.9%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $580
ANNUAL INCOME: $130,000.00
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Declined for pre-approval by NMAC the day before so almost didn't go in to try for this vehicle. This car is the one I really wanted so I figured it was worth a shot. Very pleased!

Message 787 of 4,736
tdbss
Valued Member

I saw that also, kinda of made me wonder.

10.28.09 EQ 571 TU 606
11.24.09 EQ 611 TU 566
1.3.10 EQ 653 TU 566
2.6.10 EQ670 TU598
5.4.10EQ691
9.17.10 EQ658 TU682
Message 788 of 4,736
nickels322

APPROVING BANK: Ally Financial

BUREAU PULLED:TransUnion
CREDIT SCORE: 620 (as of 8/12 when i pulled it from myfico)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Michigan
MAKE: Chevy
MODEL: Malibu LT
MILEAGE: 9
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $19,904
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.84
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $337
ANNUAL INCOME: $32000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Before going to the dealership, applied and was approved through Capital One Auto Finance for up to $24,300 at 7.36% for 72 months. Went to the dealer on Saturday and first the dealer said they got Chase to approve me at 3.72%. 30 minutes later the salesman says oops Chase can't finance you but we got you financed through Capital One Auto Finance at 8.04%. At this point I told the salesman well i already have a blank check good for 7.36% so I will just use that. So the salesman says okay and asked me to fax over the Capital One loan package Monday morning. Anyways went to pick up my car this afternoon and the salesman said they were able to get Ally to finance me at 6.84 percent. I'm extremely pleased with the approval. 
Message 789 of 4,736
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

APPROVING BANK:  NC SECU
BUREAU PULLED:  Equifax
CREDIT SCORE:  680
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  NC
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE:  2002
MAKE:  Mercury
MODEL:  Mountaineer
MILEAGE: 110,000
RETAIL/LEASE: 6200
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  6200
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 months
APR/LEASE RATE:  4.75%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  143
ANNUAL INCOME:  27600
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  It's older, but it's in good shape, affordable, and came with a 5 year/100k mile warranty.  I just bought a house this month and didn't want to buy a car this soon after, but it seems to have worked out. There is still one medical collection on my report that the loan officer said would have to be taken care of before she'd make me any more loans, though.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 790 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.