MAKE:  Honda
MODEL:  Accord EX-L
MILEAGE: 47k
RETAIL/LEASE: 21,807
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  24,107
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE:  6.25%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  404
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Was approved with Cap One at 6.82% on 72 months up to $22,800.  The dealer shopped my credit and got a better deal with a higher limit with AL Telco CU.  I opted for the Honda Care bumper to bumper warranty to 100k miles which was $2300.  My FICO score is 655 but TU & EQ scores came in at 683.  I've been in the process of rebuilding my credit for the last year and half.  My FICO was at 590 in December and after getting a few accounts updated, one collection removed, and opening a few lines of credit (Cap One Secured CC & JCPenney), I am happy with this loan!  In two years, after steady payments, I hope to refinance to a shorter term.
Message 801 of 4,736
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

@Anonymous wrote:
APPROVING BANK:  Alabama Telco CU
BUREAU PULLED:  TU & EQ
CREDIT SCORE:  683
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  AL
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE:  2008

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Was approved with Cap One at 6.82% on 72 months up to $22,800.  The dealer shopped my credit and got a better deal with a higher limit with AL Telco CU.  I opted for the Honda Care bumper to bumper warranty to 100k miles which was $2300.  My FICO score is 655 but TU & EQ scores came in at 683.  I've been in the process of rebuilding my credit for the last year and half.  My FICO was at 590 in December and after getting a few accounts updated, one collection removed, and opening a few lines of credit (Cap One Secured CC & JCPenney), I am happy with this loan!  In two years, after steady payments, I hope to refinance to a shorter term.

@Anonymous wrote:
APPROVING BANK:  Alabama Telco CU
BUREAU PULLED:  TU & EQ
CREDIT SCORE:  683
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  AL
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE:  2008

Nice vehicle purchase...but did you do any shopping around before you purchased? i think you paid to much for this car. I'm in NC...but i've seen several accords in this trim between 16,800 to 18,900 with the same mileage give or take a few thousand.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 802 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked around on cars.com at the Accords in Birmingham and found newer models with lower miles for less, but they weren't fully loaded.  This car had everything I wanted (Leather, NAV, Moonroof, etc.) and it is in excellent condition.  The Honda dealership was pretty tough to deal with during the negotiation and I wasn't comfortable with the deal at times.  They did give me $1000 on my 98 Acura TL with 242k miles that was in bad shape.....check engine light was on, car overheats when idling, rip in the leather on the drivers seat, two windows don't roll down from the drivers switch, and a few other things.  Overall, I'm happy with the loan and happy with a nice, dependable car. 

Message 803 of 4,736
IamABanker

APPROVING BANK: Century Heritage Federal Credit Union 

BUREAU PULLED:  Experian 

CREDIT SCORE: 722 

STATE OF RESIDENCE: PA 

NEW/USED: Used./Refi 

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2008

MAKE: Chevy

MODEL: Cobalt LT

MILEAGE: 8600

RETAIL/LEASE: 17022

AMOUNT OF LOAN: 7913

TERM CONTRACTED: 36 months

APR/LEASE RATE: 2.89% 

MONTHLY PAYMENT: 230

ANNUAL INCOME: 63,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: This the second time I have refinanced. My first loan for this vehicle was was through GMAC taken out in April, 2008. My APY for that loan was 10.99%. I had a medical collections account on my CH at that time that I did not know about. All of $26. I was in a bind-I needed the car and took the loan to get it off the lot. This was right at the beinning of the credit crisis in 2008 and I did not have time to dispute or do much else.  In August 2008-I refinanced the loan away from GMAC to Allegent Community Federal Credit Union here in Pittsburgh. This CU was running a special where they took 4.34% of your existing auto loan, subject to credit approval of course. Between the time I obtained the GMAC loan and when I applied to re-fi, I had the collections account removed as I had proof that the account was PIF when I had the medical service performed. The medical provider who reported me had gone out of business and reported many people in my local area as being in collections for small amounts-most less than $100. Everyone that I know disputed this craziness and got the CA's removed. This action caused a lot of havoc. Now-this new loan is the best deal I could find since I am not eligible for PSECU membership and PenFed would not approve me for whatever reason. Tier 1 at this credit union is 720. I could have gotten an APY fo 2.64 if I had agreed to auto-debit-I HATE that. I pay weekly on my loans since I get paid weekly.  In PA-the only fee is the $5 fee to have the lien transferred. I only refinanced the amount of months I had left-36-although this CU was willing to let finance for 60 months. I highly recommend this CU to anyone living in the Pittsburgh area. This refi was completed in late July and I am already paid ahead with a next due date of Nov.

Message 804 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

PPROVING BANK: Honda Financial Services
BUREAU PULLED: TU EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 602 / 618 Auto Enhanced
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NJ
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2008

MAKE: Honda
MODEL: Civic
MILEAGE: 35,000
RETAIL/LEASE: $12,995
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $14,995 (added GAP, extended warranty)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 5%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $288
ANNUAL INCOME: $43,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Was approved after finance manager spoke with Honda supervisor. Gave me a loan because of my prior auto loan with Honda with no missed payments.

Message 805 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you i was thinking about getting a new nissan from carmax in Md, i will definately shop around and apply with NMAC

Message 806 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Chase

BUREAU PULLED: Transunion

CREDIT SCORE: 820

STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY

NEW/USED: New

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2012

MAKE: Audi

MODEL: S5

MILEAGE: 27

RETAIL/LEASE: 62,500

AMOUNT OF LOAN: 44,000

TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months

APR/LEASE RATE: 3.4% 

MONTHLY PAYMENT: 780

ANNUAL INCOME: 200,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: My TU score is actually 784, dealer got 820. Not sure if this was a auto loan score or not.

Message 807 of 4,736
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Cap One
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 615
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011
MODEL: Accord Coupe EXL
MILEAGE: 10
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 37000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 16
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 800
ANNUAL INCOME: 100k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I was upside down 3000 on my trade, and I put 700 down to cover the gap insurance

Message 808 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tooleman694 wrote:
APPROVING BANK: Cap One
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 615
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011
MODEL: Accord Coupe EXL
MILEAGE: 10
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 37000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 16
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 800
ANNUAL INCOME: 100k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I was upside down 3000 on my trade, and I put 700 down to cover the gap insurance

Is there something wrong on your CR since this figures are way too much.

Message 809 of 4,736
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Whats too much? the interest rate is kind of high..

Message 810 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.