Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: Mercedes/Diamler Trust
BUREAU PULLED: TransUnion
CREDIT SCORE: TU658 from dealer (myFICO TU 598, EQ 660)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY
NEW/USED: used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2009
MAKE: Benz
MODEL: E350
MILEAGE: 46k
RETAIL/LEASE: retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $28k
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.74%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 520.15
ANNUAL INCOME: $104k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:
I have been shopping around for an E350 for a few months now. I never pulled the trigger because I wanted to pull my score up as much as possible to get a good rate as well as payoff my current loan. 18 months ago my credit score was 440 Smiley Surprised and was roped into a 24.99% 3 yr auto loan with $350 payments on a $9k '02 honda. That was my wake-up call to realize how important credit really is. Even making six figures, I was driving a pure POS! I hated that car since the day after I bought it (it broke down within 24hrs). So I've been determined to fix my credit and I feel I have successfully accomplished that goal. After doubling up on payments a year ago, I was looking to purchase in April. But while surfing cars.com, I saw a MB ad promoting 1.99% APR on certified pre-owned only in february. Though I still had $1500 left on my old loan, I figured I'd give it a shot. They had the exact car i wanted, black on gray with the AMG sports package and a low sticker price of $29,900. So I went down to the dealer, they ran my credit and initially denied me the 1.99% rate with a $3000 down payment. They offered something like 14% which I refused to take, I'd rather just wait until I improve my score. After some negotiating, they were able to get me into teir 2 with the 1.99% rate under certain conditions. I had to put $6k down, buy the additinal 2yr/135K miles extended warranty, and sign up for auto pay. I was initially planning on giving $5-6k down when I first went in but when he asked I said try $3k to see if I can keep some cash in my pocket. I also planned on buying the extended warranty anyway because I know how expensive service can be. So now I'm covered until Oct 2015. And the auto-pay was a no-brainer because it drops the APR by 0.25%. So I left my deposit and came back the next day to pickup my car. I am in heaven now, I love this car, and I love my APR. It's funny because a few years ago I could care less about APR's, now I wish I could walk around with a sticker on my forehead that says "1.74% b!tch3s". 

BTW, the MB dealer was down right disrespectful on the trade-in offer. They said $500 for an '02 Honda Accord SE w/ 104k miles. I looked at the sales man thinking "those is fightin' words, homie". Thankfully I was able to sell it to a friend for $2500. Paid off my old note and had an extra $1000 for my pocket.

This is my first time posting on these forums but I must say thank you to all those who share their knowledge here. This website has been an invaluable resource in improving my credit.

Message 1011 of 4,736
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

APPROVING BANK: Mercedes/Diamler Trust
CREDIT SCORE: TU658 from dealer (myFICO TU 598, EQ 660)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY
MILEAGE: 46k
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $28k
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.74%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 520.15
ANNUAL INCOME: $104k
I have been shopping around for an E350 for a few months now. I never pulled the trigger because I wanted to pull my score up as much as possible to get a good rate as well as payoff my current loan. 18 months ago my credit score was 440 Smiley Surprised and was roped into a 24.99% 3 yr auto loan with $350 payments on a $9k '02 honda. That was my wake-up call to realize how important credit really is. Even making six figures, I was driving a pure POS! I hated that car since the day after I bought it (it broke down within 24hrs). So I've been determined to fix my credit and I feel I have successfully accomplished that goal. After doubling up on payments a year ago, I was looking to purchase in April. But while surfing cars.com, I saw a MB ad promoting 1.99% APR on certified pre-owned only in february. Though I still had $1500 left on my old loan, I figured I'd give it a shot. They had the exact car i wanted, black on gray with the AMG sports package and a low sticker price of $29,900. So I went down to the dealer, they ran my credit and initially denied me the 1.99% rate with a $3000 down payment. They offered something like 14% which I refused to take, I'd rather just wait until I improve my score. After some negotiating, they were able to get me into teir 2 with the 1.99% rate under certain conditions. I had to put $6k down, buy the additinal 2yr/135K miles extended warranty, and sign up for auto pay. I was initially planning on giving $5-6k down when I first went in but when he asked I said try $3k to see if I can keep some cash in my pocket. I also planned on buying the extended warranty anyway because I know how expensive service can be. So now I'm covered until Oct 2015. And the auto-pay was a no-brainer because it drops the APR by 0.25%. So I left my deposit and came back the next day to pickup my car. I am in heaven now, I love this car, and I love my APR. It's funny because a few years ago I could care less about APR's, now I wish I could walk around with a sticker on my forehead that says "1.74% b!tch3s". 

BTW, the MB dealer was down right disrespectful on the trade-in offer. They said $500 for an '02 Honda Accord SE w/ 104k miles. I looked at the sales man thinking "those is fightin' words, homie". Thankfully I was able to sell it to a friend for $2500. Paid off my old note and had an extra $1000 for my pocket.

This is my first time posting on these forums but I must say thank you to all those who share their knowledge here. This website has been an invaluable resource in improving my credit.

I wonder how long you will still have that friend?Smiley Surprised

Message 1012 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got pre-approved by Pen Fed!!!! Woot woot! This is the same people that denied me 6 months ago for having thin credit (no previous auto loans, but 5 years of a credit card). I don't have all the details yet as I'm sitll deciding what to get, but here's what I have:

APPROVING BANK: PenFed
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: I pulled 750 from Equifax.com (BoA pulled 773 out of 900)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: VA
NEW/USED: Still debating. Either a new Mitsubishi Evo, or used G37s (40k vs ~33k)
YEAR OF VEHICLE: N/A
MAKE: N/A
MODEL: N/A
MILEAGE: N/A
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: Got approved for 41k
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.49%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: Depends on which car I get
ANNUAL INCOME: $62,500
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Evo has been my dream car for about 12 years now, but I'm considering the G37 as I want to move closer to work, and rent/utilities would go up about $400. I COULD afford the Evo and new place, but I'd be eating bread and water for a few months
Message 1013 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol, I was exhagerating a bit. The car really didnt give me much trouble. And my friend was well aware of the condition of the car, he's driven it on numerous occasions. I really just didnt like the honda because i was just coming off a 3 yr lease of a brand new Acura TL and comparably speaking, it was a POS. The saying "one man's trash, another man's treasure" comes to mind.
Message 1014 of 4,736
justdonating

Congrats....Once you're in with MBFS they treat you pretty good down the road should you ever want another loan. I had damaged credit and managed to improve quite a bit and save up enough to make a sizable down payment plus a trade. Cap One offered me something in the 15% range, but I tried MBFS through the dealership. It was a Saturday morning, so I was expecting the ole' this will take until Monday. As I was sitting with the finance manager, he submitted the app. Literally 3 minutes later his phone rang. He said a couple of nice things to the girl from MBFS and viola, my loan was approved.

Again congrats on the car and loan. You have a great rate that will literally save you thousands over the life of the loan!

Message 1015 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Wells Fargo
CREDIT SCORE: 619 auto enhanced
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2004 Toyota
MAKE: Camry
MODEL: SE
MILEAGE: 79,241
RETAIL/LEASE: 11,500 original asking 14,900
DOWN PAYMENT: 5,500
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 9,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48
APR/LEASE RATE: 9.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 229.00
ANNUAL INCOME: Self Employed

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I was so thrilled, they went down on price, I have bad history and low score so made clear I wanted no higher than 13% APR, they got me 3% lower than that! Payment was like 205.00 but they offered me $2000 bumper to bumper 48,000 or 4 years warranty $100 deductible, electric, glass, drive-train all included so payment went to $229 which is still awesome. I guess I see here I could join a credit union and maybe refi in 6 mos. for lower, but don't you pay fees again on that loan? Anyway, I was treated like a Queen and out with the new car in under 2 hours. Since self employed, the following day just had to supply bank records for 3 mos and pink slip on trade in that was in ruins but still got some $ for it. Love this vehicle and its luxury.... My score was really at 570 and after they pulled it, it's at 552. Fico was 515- haven't checkd to see what it is now. I'll wait till I do some more work so it may improve before I look. I don't want to feel bad after feeling so good about this very needed new used car for me.
Message 1016 of 4,736
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
APPROVING BANK: Wells Fargo
CREDIT SCORE: 619 auto enhanced
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2004 Toyota
MAKE: Camry
MODEL: SE
MILEAGE: 79,241
RETAIL/LEASE: 11,500 original asking 14,900
DOWN PAYMENT: 5,500
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 9,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48
APR/LEASE RATE: 9.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 229.00
ANNUAL INCOME: Self Employed

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I was so thrilled, they went down on price, I have bad history and low score so made clear I wanted no higher than 13% APR, they got me 3% lower than that! Payment was like 205.00 but they offered me $2000 bumper to bumper 48,000 or 4 years warranty $100 deductible, electric, glass, drive-train all included so payment went to $229 which is still awesome. I guess I see here I could join a credit union and maybe refi in 6 mos. for lower, but don't you pay fees again on that loan? Anyway, I was treated like a Queen and out with the new car in under 2 hours. Since self employed, the following day just had to supply bank records for 3 mos and pink slip on trade in that was in ruins but still got some $ for it. Love this vehicle and its luxury.... My score was really at 570 and after they pulled it, it's at 552. Fico was 515- haven't checkd to see what it is now. I'll wait till I do some more work so it may improve before I look. I don't want to feel bad after feeling so good about this very needed new used car for me.

Congrats! Those score and STILL a doable rate- GOOD STUFF!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1017 of 4,736
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Park Community Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE: 621 (I think)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: KY
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2012
MAKE: Haven't decided on vehicle yet
MODEL: N/A
MILEAGE: N/A
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 22,000
APR/LEASE RATE: Don't know yet, will advise once I find out.
MONTHLY PAYMENT: Don't know yet, will advise once I find out.
ANNUAL INCOME: 61, 752
I am looking to trade my 2007 Chevy Malibu in for a 2012 Buick Regal. I only applied through my bank for better negotiation tactics at the dealership. If they can be it...GREAT! If not, I will use my credit union. Excited to be approved though with such a low score!

Good luck everyone!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 1018 of 4,736
Tamikatl622

APPROVING BANK: Capitol One Bank
CREDIT SCORE: TU610
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: MD
MILEAGE: 35K
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $25k
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 7%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $590
ANNUAL INCOME: $53k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Still under factory warranty.... Financed cost of car $24K, tax tags, $2K, warranty $3K

Message 1019 of 4,736
diva0969
Regular Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Cap One Blank Check
BUREAU PULLED:?
CREDIT SCORE:?
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Indiana
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2007
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: 530i
MILEAGE: 49,000
RETAIL/LEASE: 20,500
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 22,033 (this includes tax, title, and fees)
APR/LEASE RATE: 12.42
MONTHLY PAYMENT: around 560? 
ANNUAL INCOME: 43,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for years, and I finally have something good to report.  After reading these threads the past few weeks I decided to pull the Cap One Blank check program trigger and I was approved for $26,500 with a variable rate depending on the year of the used car.  I've had a loan with them before and had a couple of late payments around two years ago. Before and since then my record with them was squeaky clean, although I had a couple of other blemishes that I've been working on. I just wanted to say thank you all for such wonderful advice and I've worked really hard to get my credit back where it needs to be after a rough period a few years ago.  This really is my dream car and it has all of the bells and whistles.  I absolutely love it and I plan to pay it off in three years. Right now I don't have much debt, so I can afford to pay a little extra on the loan. The interest rate isn't all that great, but I do hope to refinance next year.  
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 1020 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.