MODEL: Charger
MILEAGE: 30
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 23k
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 19.95
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 565
ANNUAL INCOME: 48k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Fresh out of BK 7, had to use my girlfriend of 4 years to co-sign however she has no credit and only a small gross monthly income.  Had $5100 in trade equity and rebate to use as down payment.  Very surprised they picked me up, but will be refinancing as soon as possible!  My score jumped 40+ points as of today becuase all of my discharges are starting to report.  I'm on my way to rebuilding!

Message 1241 of 4,736
gary9846

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: Capital One Auto Finance

BUREAU PULLED: Experian

CREDIT SCORE: 672

CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE Missouri

NEW/USED: New

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2012

MAKE: Jeep

MODEL: Wrangler Unlimited Sport SUV 4dr (base plus hardtop)

MILEAGE: ?

AMOUNT OF LOAN: 25,400

TERM CONTRACTED: 72 Months

APR/LEASE RATE:6.08%

MONTHLY PAYMENT: ?

ANNUAL INCOME: 60,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Contract is signed, but the vehicle is still in transit, $0 down, $600 trade and $400 below factory invoice price

Message 1242 of 4,736
bluerazr

APPROVING BANK: Cap One
BUREAU PULLED: All three
CREDIT SCORE: 612
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: Have not decided
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Edge
MILEAGE: n/a
AMOUNT OF LOAN: up to 35K
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 13.51
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $550-?
ANNUAL INCOME: $51,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Just started the credit rebuilding process, score was at 550 a couple months ago. I have not decided to buy a new 2012 Edge or a slightly used one but Cap One approved for up to 35K. Only have 4 baddies on my credit and virtually no credit history as I have always been a cash person. The APR is very high however I anticipated that and will be refinancing after 8 months or a year.

Starting Score: 504
Current Score: 608
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1243 of 4,736
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
APPROVING BANK: Hyundai Motor Finance (Not Sure of Bank)
BUREAU PULLED: EX
CREDIT SCORE: No Credit Score Reported when pulled 6/18/2012
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: OH
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: Hyundai
MODEL: Elantra Limited W/ Technology Package
MILEAGE: 8m from the test drive
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 24,XXX
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 7.9%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 400
ANNUAL INCOME: $28,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I qualified for their College Grad Program. No money down, First month payment on Hyundai and approval even with no credit score. I have a nice mix of cards all in good standing. All i needed to bring in was my college diploma and my job offer from my employer which showed my future income with a start date less than 30 days away.

How is it that you have no credit score with all of those credit cards (in your sig)?  And how did you get all of those cards with no credit score?

My question is how the heck were you able to buy anything with no current income and only a diploma? They really accepted a calculation sheet of your "future" income?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1244 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maiden_girl wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I qualified for their College Grad Program. No money down, First month payment on Hyundai and approval even with no credit score. I have a nice mix of cards all in good standing. All i needed to bring in was my college diploma and my job offer from my employer which showed my future income with a start date less than 30 days away.

How is it that you have no credit score with all of those credit cards (in your sig)?  And how did you get all of those cards with no credit score?

My question is how the heck were you able to buy anything with no current income and only a diploma? They really accepted a calculation sheet of your "future" income?

Hyundai did the same for me. I did not officially have my job, yet. I now have my job and am making payments on time.  I like that Hyundai gives us youngins a chance. But, of course, you have to have proof of present or upcoming employment. They would have made me use a co-signer if I did not have proof of upcoming employment.

Message 1245 of 4,736
CasperJack14
Contributor

APPROVING BANK: AmeriCredit Financial

BUREAU PULLED: Experian

CREDIT SCORE: 530 (auto enhanced)

CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE Maine

NEW/USED: Used

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2008

MAKE: Jeep

MODEL: Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4DR SUV (hard top and soft top)

MILEAGE: 90,000

AMOUNT OF LOAN: 20,000

TERM CONTRACTED: 60 Months

APR/LEASE RATE:15.00%

MONTHLY PAYMENT: $495

ANNUAL INCOME: 50,000

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Just purchased Saturday.  Owed $1,000 more than trade-in value on prior car.  Put down $2,000 for downpayment.

Starting Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Current Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1246 of 4,736
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hyundai did the same for me. I did not officially have my job, yet. I now have my job and am making payments on time.  I like that Hyundai gives us youngins a chance. But, of course, you have to have proof of present or upcoming employment. They would have made me use a co-signer if I did not have proof of upcoming employment.

That is CRAZY! I've never heard of that! I'm gonna have to go to the dealership and try this!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1247 of 4,736
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is CRAZY! I've never heard of that! I'm gonna have to go to the dealership and try this!

This is pretty standard actually. Just look up "graduate program" with an automaker's name on Google. Usually the condition is new graduate with a job offer or existing job. Typically, new graduate is having a degree within 2 years. You'll also get discounts but they vary by program.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 1248 of 4,736
nbd1974

APPROVING BANK: TD Bank
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 691
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NC
MODEL: SantaFe Limited
MILEAGE: 34
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $23800
TERM CONTRACTED: 48mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.93
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $526
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Hyundai Motor FInance would not approve for "thin file" Received great discount as the redesigned 2013 models will be out soon...got everything I wanted, leather, sunroof, nav and dealer is installing aftermarket dual dvd headrests for kiddos for $400.00.

Past credit issues involve a foreclosure, due to divorce and "spirited" custody battle .  It took me 2 years of heavy duty credit cleanup (PFD letters, GW letters, small secured CCs, being added as an AU on a 25yr old CC and finally getting the foreclosure removed as the mortgage was never in my name)  to finally get up the courage apply for a loan and walk into the dealership at least knowing I had decent financing through my credit union at 6.78% for up to 6 years. I live in a small town, surrounded by small towns and the dealer/sales staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I went in with the intention of buying the car I wanted and nothing more and had convinced myself that I would be settling for a base model, but that it would be better than my 1999 Toyota Sienna with 197K miles.

My sales person knew my limitations, requirements and wishes. I told him I would NOT be buying that day as I was interested in driving 2 other vehicles...he said sure, I understand and then went to the pow wow room, came back and said "let's go".  Drove me 45 miles to the other dealerships Toyota, Kia and basically walked in, got keys and the other companies sales person and we drove together.  He asked questions I never would have thought to ask.  Pointed out differences and the strengths of the other vehicles and suggested that I drive one other car that I hadn't considered.  In the end, it was a tight call between a used Toytota Venza with 20K and the Sante Fe..he waited while I got the best offer for the Toytota (almost 2 hours) and then called his finance guy and told him.  My Sante Fe deal went from GLS to Limited and  actually dropped $1,000. MSRP was $31,875, invoice shown $28,795 my final price was $23,800. I did buy that day and though I am very cynical and believe that my sales guy was definitely working the deal, I feel great about the purchase. They serviced my dad's truck that I had driven over (Free) and included 12 free oil changes and $250 gas card.

Message 1249 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nbd1974 wrote:

APPROVING BANK: TD Bank
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 691
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NC
MODEL: SantaFe Limited
MILEAGE: 34
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $23800
TERM CONTRACTED: 48mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.93
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $526
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Hyundai Motor FInance would not approve for "thin file" Received great discount as the redesigned 2013 models will be out soon...got everything I wanted, leather, sunroof, nav and dealer is installing aftermarket dual dvd headrests for kiddos for $400.00.

Past credit issues involve a foreclosure, due to divorce and "spirited" custody battle .  It took me 2 years of heavy duty credit cleanup (PFD letters, GW letters, small secured CCs, being added as an AU on a 25yr old CC and finally getting the foreclosure removed as the mortgage was never in my name)  to finally get up the courage apply for a loan and walk into the dealership at least knowing I had decent financing through my credit union at 6.78% for up to 6 years. I live in a small town, surrounded by small towns and the dealer/sales staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I went in with the intention of buying the car I wanted and nothing more and had convinced myself that I would be settling for a base model, but that it would be better than my 1999 Toyota Sienna with 197K miles.

My sales person knew my limitations, requirements and wishes. I told him I would NOT be buying that day as I was interested in driving 2 other vehicles...he said sure, I understand and then went to the pow wow room, came back and said "let's go".  Drove me 45 miles to the other dealerships Toyota, Kia and basically walked in, got keys and the other companies sales person and we drove together.  He asked questions I never would have thought to ask.  Pointed out differences and the strengths of the other vehicles and suggested that I drive one other car that I hadn't considered.  In the end, it was a tight call between a used Toytota Venza with 20K and the Sante Fe..he waited while I got the best offer for the Toytota (almost 2 hours) and then called his finance guy and told him.  My Sante Fe deal went from GLS to Limited and  actually dropped $1,000. MSRP was $31,875, invoice shown $28,795 my final price was $23,800. I did buy that day and though I am very cynical and believe that my sales guy was definitely working the deal, I feel great about the purchase. They serviced my dad's truck that I had driven over (Free) and included 12 free oil changes and $250 gas card.

The 2013 Elantra is already out. Are you telling me that they are coming out with yet another design of it?! Where did you see news of that?

Message 1250 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.