Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

Nevermind, just realized you were talking about the Santa Fe.

Message 1251 of 4,736
Lynnst
Valued Member

APPROVING BANK: Toyota Motor Credit
BUREAU PULLED:EX and EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 786 and 743 (Auto enhanced)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: MD
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2012
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Rav4 Sport
MILEAGE: 22
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 26,004
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 mo.
APR/LEASE RATE: 0%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  433.
ANNUAL INCOME: 60,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  I have spent the past 4 years working hard to get out of debt through a DMP.  The same week I made my final payment,  I had to break down and buy a car.  I checked my scores on myFICO before shopping and I knew I had 704-EQ and 761-TU.  I was surprised at how much higher my auto enhanced FICO scores were. My EQ score in January 2012 was 685.  As for what scores are needed by Toyota Credit for 0% - above 650.  I'm glad my old car got me through the last 4 years.  And I'm delighted that I got an interest free loan for my new vehicle!
Message 1252 of 4,736
bluerazr

APPROVING BANK: Capital One
BUREAU PULLED:All three 
CREDIT SCORE: 615
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Edge CPO
MILEAGE: 38000
RETAIL/LEASE: $25,488
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $27,500
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mo.
APR/LEASE RATE: 13.51%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  $555
ANNUAL INCOME: $51,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Drove down from Dallas to Houston to see my sick dad and while bored searched around for the Ford Edges there. Found two in Katy at dealers on either side of I-10, both limited but one had really every single option while the other did not (not even Nav). I used this knowledge to haggle the price down for the one I wanted from $31K to $25K as the other was $24,800.  There was only one finance guy working with a few people ahead of me, I was literally in and out in less than an hour. Really happy with the experience and definitely happy about my new ride!

Starting Score: 504
Current Score: 608
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1253 of 4,736
GetAHouse
Valued Member

Just my Opinion for what it's worth.

I have read many of these posts pertaining to interest rates, monthly payments and length of term of contract. Now people can buy whatever they want because it's their money. However what i don't understand, is that a great majority of people in this post have had or currrently have financial problems that lead to low credit scores and high APR rates. Why would a person choose to purchase a $25,000+ to sometimes $50,000 + car with interest rates like 9.99, 19.99, 13.94, 15.00 etc... etc...  Now everyone's situation is different, but wouldn't it be smarter to purchase a used car with a good history for reliability that's cheaper, maybe around $10,000 or less, and build your credit and scores up for a few years, and trade the car in for something newer you want, and don't have to make $560, $600, $650 a month payments for 72 months? I'm just saying.

I was able to secure a loan for my 2012 Toyota Higlander SE at 0.9 from Toyota Financial Services and 1.99 from PenFed, I was also able to secure loans for around the 4 to 5 APR range, and my low score was in the 654 (Experian) range. Had I not been able to secure a loan in that rnge, there is no way that I would have paid all that interest on a $37,000 car. I just think it's a waste of money, to pay those high interest rates on high priced cars.

Pay high interest rates on low priced cars when you have no other choice and need wheels, then either pay tha car off or down until you have a little equity and then tarde it in once your scores reach a ceratin point and obtain a low APR and get the car you want without paying those crazy finance charges.   

Starting Score: EQ728(11/06/2015), EX722,TR727(11/06/2015?
Current Score: EQ 728 11/06/15, EX 722,TR 727 11/06/15
Goal Score: 740 plus on ALL by end of 2016

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1254 of 4,736
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@GetAHouse wrote:

Just my Opinion for what it's worth.

I have read many of these posts pertaining to interest rates, monthly payments and length of term of contract. Now people can buy whatever they want because it's their money. However what i don't understand, is that a great majority of people in this post have had or currrently have financial problems that lead to low credit scores and high APR rates. Why would a person choose to purchase a $25,000+ to sometimes $50,000 + car with interest rates like 9.99, 19.99, 13.94, 15.00 etc... etc...  Now everyone's situation is different, but wouldn't it be smarter to purchase a used car with a good history for reliability that's cheaper, maybe around $10,000 or less, and build your credit and scores up for a few years, and trade the car in for something newer you want, and don't have to make $560, $600, $650 a month payments for 72 months? I'm just saying.

I was able to secure a loan for my 2012 Toyota Higlander SE at 0.9 from Toyota Financial Services and 1.99 from PenFed, I was also able to secure loans for around the 4 to 5 APR range, and my low score was in the 654 (Experian) range. Had I not been able to secure a loan in that rnge, there is no way that I would have paid all that interest on a $37,000 car. I just think it's a waste of money, to pay those high interest rates on high priced cars.

Pay high interest rates on low priced cars when you have no other choice and need wheels, then either pay tha car off or down until you have a little equity and then tarde it in once your scores reach a ceratin point and obtain a low APR and get the car you want without paying those crazy finance charges.   

there's a reason why your scores are in the 800s and why others (including mine) are so low.

i use to be one of the people that would do that, but i realize now that purchasing a new vehicle is not a necessity nor does it offer any return at all on your "investment"

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1255 of 4,736
cp2087

APPROVING BANK: PenFed
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 748
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Alabama
NEW/USED: Refinance (purchased new)
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2010
MAKE: Lexus
MODEL: IS250
MILEAGE: 35, 693
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $31,700 (Gap included @ $349)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.49%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $549
ANNUAL INCOME:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:
AMEX PRG | AMEX Blue | PenFed Promise Visa | NFCU Platinum Visa | USAA World MasterCard | Sam's Club Discover | BoA BankAmericard Cash Rewards MasterCard
Message 1256 of 4,736
tcbofade
Super Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Community America Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: 642
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: KS
NEW/USED: refinance
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2008
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Escape XLT
MILEAGE: 52,100
RETAIL/LEASE:
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $18,800
TERM CONTRACTED: 63 mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.7%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $357.19
ANNUAL INCOME: $52,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Refinanced into my name only to improve DW's DTI.  Cut interest rate almost in half!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1257 of 4,736
kulamrazool82
Valued Member

APPROVING BANK: TOYOTA FINANCIAL
BUREAU PULLED: EXPERIAN
CREDIT SCORE: 670
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: MI
NEW/USED: NEW
MAKE: TOYOTA
MODEL: COROLLA
MILEAGE: 5
RETAIL/LEASE: RETAIL
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 17662
APR/LEASE RATE: 0.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $292
ANNUAL INCOME: 78K
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

I had Honda Civic 1999 for a year and was using 3 low limit credit cards (Sum of $1800 + Macys store card for $200) all of them were maxed out due to personal financial crisis.My fico score was sinking somewhere at 550-560 and almost all of my spouse jewels(Gold) are with Pawn broker. I thought, thought, thought and finally decided to sell my only asset Civic '99 to a private party for a decent sum.I paid off all my credit card debts, fulfilled my personal commitments and partially recovered my spouse jewel from Pawn with that money.

The price I paid for that was, I was without a car for more than a month. I was taking taxis for urgent needs and was forced to rely on my friends to carry me to office & groceries. One can imagine the situation without a car in Michigan...I was struggling to bring up my credit worthiness. I was very desperate once and applied a auto loan credit app with a dealer in Ysilanti,MI, RoadLoans showed up and mocked me with 25%. I rejected the deal.

I spent time slogging in myfico, equifax, credit karma, quizzle, credit sesame, msn money, bankrate, yahoo finance and read almost every available article in internet to improve my credit score. Finally, It took a month for all debt paid-off to begin reflect in my credit file. It took me 40+ days to turn the table around. Gathered some courage and asked for a credit limit increase in my credit union and in Capital One. Both did. After few days, myFICO showed my FICO as 677(EQ), my eye brows raised. I felt, this is the moment. I have already did research about auto loan and decide the car we need. Shop around couple of Toyota dealerships near by. And finally found a deal, which said Tier 1+,1,2,3 are qualified for Toyota Spl interest rate.

I was in dilemma, whether to go for it or not as my TransUnion report was not updated with recent credit card payments & limit increase. But I can't wait for more, hence I went in with a hope and after finalizing price (with 0.9% & 0.0 downpayment), comes the shivering part...I gave my ssn to dealer and it was indeed a nervous moment for me and was praying silently "God, they should not pull my TU file". Sale person came back saying, TFS need 2K downpayment and other supporting docs. I paid 2K down right away (using credit card) and gave other supporting docs (paystub,utility bill, ssn card soft copy & my work permit).

Dealer told, they will submit all the docs to Toyota Financial and wait for their approval. I went back home and I got an email from equifax credit monitoring system which said, there was an inquiry in your TU credit file - dealer made that inquiry. Felt more nervous. Sudden relief came, when I saw an alert for an inquiry in experian - dealer made this time too.And I know, my experian score won't let me down.

I have a professional experience in developing auto finance funding software systems, So I have a better understanding of credit approval process.If finance co. ask for more docs, 90% your application will be through. Keeping that in my mind, I applied for credit card with DCU on the same day and they approved(immediately) with 5K credit limit once I gave my paystubs. I know, they will do an EQ pull. So, I am sure I will get that card. But 5K CL was really a surprise. My idea is to get a couple of good credit card with higher limits before my score goes down(once inquires & auto loan reflect in credit file). If I did, I have planned to close 2 lower limit cards (which only has 6 month history).

And next day, Toyota financial did approve my auto loan with a conditional extra 1.5K down payment.

And this time, I am in a better financial position. So, I did pay 1.5K without hesitation. I know, that will lower my monthly payment. Only area, I missed to cover in this deal is service contract ($1024, part of contract) which the dealer later convinced me to add. I think that is the only component, I paid extra. But, Overall I am very much satisfied and happy about this deal. I have to thank Almighty, without his help this won't be possible. Eventually, I will be paying $145 as interest in 5 yrs term...and this time I like to mock RoadLoans with this deal.

Even now I have debt for 2K in credit card (as I used that for downpayment) but when comes to utilization it will be well within 30% as overall my credit line increased. But I have cleared my personal debts, recovered my jewel, increased my credit score and got a higher credit line and the best part is, I am driving a new car now. Still the debt in credit card has to be paid out, and by now I have a better clarity and have a plan to pay them off in few months. So, ppl with bad\poor credit. Don't lose hope, hang in there, patience is the key. So much can happen within a month.

myFICO forum helped me a lot..hope this story can help someone.

My next app will be after a year to get a Amex card.

Scores: 723 (EX CITI Pull 11/09/13), 669 (CK 11/21/13), 680 (EQ Duck Card Score 11/11/13) 664 (Walmart TU FICO Nov '13)
Duck Card - 12K | Amex BCE - 2K | Amex Costco - 1.2K | CITI TY Pref - 6.5K | Chase Freedom - 3K | DCU Visa - 5K | Genisys CU Visa - 2K | Discover More - 4.5K | Cap1 Q Silver - 1500 | Cap One Hassle Free - 1500 | Amazon Store - 1900 | Walmart Store - 800 | Kohls - 300 | Macys - 800
Message 1258 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: NMAC (Nissan)
BUREAU PULLED: EQUIFAX
CREDIT SCORE: 759 myFICO (LENDER PULL: EQ767 TU717, never had an auto loan)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: LA
NEW/USED: NEW
MAKE: NISSAN
MODEL: ROGUE
MILEAGE: 7
RETAIL/LEASE: RETAIL
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 21489.00
APR/LEASE RATE: 0.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $374
ANNUAL INCOME: 33K
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I put $2000 down. I have never had an auto loan before. NMAC instantly denied me. I provided proof of income and have excellent scores and they approved me for 0.9% interest for 60 months after negotiating. Not bad for my first loan!
Message 1259 of 4,736
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

HELLO, I HAVE NOTICE THAT WHEN IT SAID "CREDIT SCORE: 748 " WHAT CREDIT SCORE ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 1260 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.