cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

cards are just super close to limit, only have 1000 in cc debt though so will be paying off about 300 every month for three months. I have an auto loan that has been paud for a year no late payments and a mortgage that has been paid on time for a year with no late payments. do have a verizon wireless collection from the lovely ex though...will be settling that very soon.

NFCU nRewards Secured - $500 (opened 3/16) | NFCU CashRewards - $5500 (opened 10/16) | NFCU Platinum - $6700 (opened 10/16) | NFCU Platinum - $2500 (opened 2/17) | Synchrony car care - $5000 (opened 4/17) | Old Navy - $3000 (opened 4/17) | American Eagle - $280 (opened 4/17) | TJ Maxx - $400 (opened 4/17) | Kohls - $300 (opened 1/17)

Current Scores: EQ - 519 EX - 524 TU - 530
Message 1571 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: AUDI FINANCIAL
EQ CREDIT SCORE: 618
TU CREDIT SCORE: 642
EX CREDIT SCORE: 656
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: AUDI
MODEL: A4
MILEAGE: 52 (NEW)
RETAIL/LEASE: FINANCED
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $36,000
DOWN PAYMENT: $2,500
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.9%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 554
ANNUAL INCOME: 85K
COMMENTS: SCORES ARE KIND OF LOW DUE TO HIGH BALANCE ON CC, BUT STILL APPROVED (ACTUALLY, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!)

Message 1572 of 4,736
CrazyB

APPROVING BANK: Huntington National Bank
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE: 666
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Maine
NEW/USED: New
MAKE: Mitsubishi
MODEL: Outlander Sport
MILEAGE: 43
RETAIL/LEASE: $25,403.40
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $17,081.40
TERM CONTRACTED: 66
APR/LEASE RATE: 7.03
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $313.76
ANNUAL INCOME: $29,867
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

I traded in a 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 LS (Crew Cab) for $7645, and put another $500 down in addition to that. They took $2000 off the retail price of the car, then applied a $500 rebate as well. With all of that, with all fee's and taxes included, it got me to my "sweet spot" of just over $15,000 left to finanance. It increased to the $17,000 because I opted to extend the 5-year warranty to 10-years, which I also got at a discounted cost.

I happened to know someone that works at the dealer so they were great about giving me a good deal with no negotiation necessary on my part. I had been approved by Capital One for 8.7% APR. I never had to mention it at all and got the 7.03%, which for my credit score I'm content with.

The car is great, I'll be making my payments for about a year and will then look into refinancing to a lower rate    Smiley Happy

Message 1573 of 4,736
CreditMENA
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Navy Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: Not sure, probably all of them knowing NFCU
CREDIT SCORE: 777
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Virginia
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Fusion SE
MILEAGE: 15
RETAIL/LEASE: $30,555
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $20,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.09
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $335.00
ANNUAL INCOME: $85,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I feel like I got pretty lucky - this is my first car loan at age 23, couldn't be happier with a 2.09%!
Message 1574 of 4,736
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Virginia
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Fusion SE

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I feel like I got pretty lucky - this is my first car loan at age 23, couldn't be happier with a 2.09%!

Looks like you did well. I am looking at a 2013 Titanium later this year I think. If I do I plan to go through NFCU and finance about $15,000 of it (hopefully at 1.79% by the time I am ready to buy). How's she handle?

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 1575 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Santander
BUREAU PULLED: Experian, TU
CREDIT SCORE: Experian auto 620, FICO ~709
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: NEW
MAKE: Dodge
MODEL: Durango
MILEAGE: 0
RETAIL/LEASE: RETAIL
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $41k
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 4.15
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $650
ANNUAL INCOME: $140k
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: When I first saw that they assigned me to Santander, I panicked.  However, after doing more research I see the reason:  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-10/chrysler-says-santander-unit-to-speed-financing-approvals.h...
Message 1576 of 4,736
drboxing
Established Contributor

That's an interesting story concerning Chrysler and Santander financing

Message 1577 of 4,736
dmessler

APPROVING BANK: American Honda Financial Services
BUREAU PULLED: Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 765
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: California
NEW/USED: NEW
MAKE: Honda
MODEL: Civic
MILEAGE: 10
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 14,535
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 254
ANNUAL INCOME: 175,100
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

Message 1578 of 4,736
GetAHouse
Valued Member

"The standard warranties are non-transferrable"

If it's a new car and you sell it when part of the original warranty is still in effect, the new owner absolutely gets the balance of what's left on the warranty. Selling the car to someone else would have nothing to do with it. If you purchased an extended warranty that may or may not be transferable.

Food for thought. Don't EVERtake a dealerships word for anything. Take the information they give you and do your best to validate it. When I bought my 2012 Highlander SE in May, 2012, the finance officer tried to sell me a Toyota Extended VSA(extended Warranty). She tried to tell me it was only going to cost X amount more per month, rolled into my loan. First I told her I wanted to know what the actual amount the warranty would cost me if I decided to buy one, and asked about deductibles and coverage, and I wanted to see a copy of the warranty that I could take home and browse over it, before making and decisions. Well of course according to her, I had to purchase the warranty that day, and she didn't have a copy of the warranty in hand, but could tell me what it covered. I declined, and she gave me the whole B.S. about expensive electronics in cars today and if something happened, it would probably cost me thousands out of pocket to fix. I told her that if the Highlander fell apart to that extent shortly after the warranty expired, I would never buy another toyota in my lifetime again. The dealership quoted price for a Toyota VSA(extended warranty) started at $2200 and she came down to $1500, but only if I bought it that day. She also told me that Toyota doesn't sell tehir warranties Ala Carte(separately), so if I didn't get it then I would be out of luck.

Well having done my home work before hand, I knew that several Toyota dealerships did in fact sell the exact same Toyota VSA ala carte. I subsequently only 3 weeks ago 2/13, ended up purchasing a Toyota VSA(7yr/75000 miles $0 deductible Platinum Plan) for $710 from Acton Toyota of Acton, Massachusetts. I only put about 8,000 miles per yr. on my car, because I live about 1 mile from my job, and msot miles are when I travel with my family during the sping/summer months. I save $800 on the warranty, not falling for the dealership tricks.

Starting Score: EQ728(11/06/2015), EX722,TR727(11/06/2015?
Current Score: EQ 728 11/06/15, EX 722,TR 727 11/06/15
Goal Score: 740 plus on ALL by end of 2016

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1579 of 4,736
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I guess I can finally post in here...

APPROVING BANK: Fidelity Bank
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: 712
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Florida
MAKE: Hyundai 
MODEL: Genesis Coupe, 3.8 Grand Touring
MILEAGE: 20
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $38000 including tax, tag, etc. and extended warranty
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 4.55
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $620
ANNUAL INCOME: $45,000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I'm pleased that I was able to get 4.55 as a first time car buyer, but I'm very upset with the dealer I worked with. I ended up overpaying on the car substantially, and they snuck in an extended warranty and didn't tell me about it. I am going to cancel the $2,000 extended warranty (ridiculous) and hopefully apply it to the principle of the loan, and refiance with my CU in a few months to drop the payments. After you deduct all the taxes and fees and extended warranty, I ended up paying MSRP. Smiley Mad

You live and learn. I would advise anyone I know to steer clear of Wallace Automotive Group, specifically Wallace Hyundai of Stuart, FL. 
Photobucket
Message 1580 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.