MAKE:Ford
MODEL: Mustang GT
MILEAGE:103
AMOUNT OF LOAN:36,000
TERM CONTRACTED:36 Months
APR/LEASE RATE:8.9
MONTHLY PAYMENT:699 Plus Gap $726
ANNUAL INCOME:56400

When I went today to ford dealer they said thay didn't fine a Finance Only a Lease?

Down Payment $2000 Cash On Lease 36Month 10k Miles Yr

What's better finance or lease
I have a co signer to and co score is 693

I think I got a bad deal What u guys think?
Message 1851 of 4,736
drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

I think both leasing and purchasing has it good and bad points, I've done both and I prefer a lease, if you pay on time every month you can actually have a new vehicle (lease) every 39 months, Congrats on gerting a lease though

Message 1852 of 4,736
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Coolio I got approved on april (22nd) hahaha didn't even know we had one of these!!! Here's the lowdown:

APPROVING BANK: DCU Credit Union offered after 2 manual reviews (17k at first wouldn't budge) Opted out and went with Toyota Motor Corp..
BUREAU PULLED: Experian, Experian Experian, and Experian!!!! (5 pulls) 
CREDIT SCORE: 742
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: California
NEW/USED: NEW!
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: Scion/Subaru
MODEL: FR-S
MILEAGE: 0
RETAIL/LEASE: Financed!
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 22,000+ (Put down 10,000) Didn't have to put down anything lol, but I wanted low monthly payments so!
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: Dealer offered 1.99 (Got them down to 1.49)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: ($303.72)
ANNUAL INCOME: $46,000 (Put down 37,000 on App)
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 100% (Student Loans) (1% Credit Utilization Though)
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Becarefull with these dealers man I went in, saying I had 10,000 downpayment and that my Credit Union would finance me (didn't want a credit pull) He said they had to (after researching the forums I said okay, but I am not looking for you guys to finance me so only run my name once!) He said okay and lord behold they came back all surprised at my scores like (you have really good credit) and looked at me in a different faith as a 19 year old. I took that to my advantage and they said can we finance you, I said only if you can go lower then the apr I was getting (they offered 1.99) I got them down to 1.49, and they through in the warranty half off, gap insurance for $195 (its $295) a service plan half off! (But when they did this they pulled from experian 4 times and so I am currently underway of getting those removed through a complaint with the finance department. So Becareful but other then that, their loan process is pretty cool (gave me a month and 15 days to pay off my first car payment as well. (I would say though if you had good credit go try to get a loan through your bank or credit union you have a good relationship with, then try to make the car company your buying from go lower then that apr + offer you benefits for financing with them. -LJ 

Tip: Had 10k stashed up for emergencies, so I used every brand new card I had and they swiped everyone one of them totaling up to 10k, and I paid them off on the due dates, and reaped all the rewards haahahaha so for putting them on my cards, I didn't pay a fee, didn't max them out but got pretty close, so the banks saw that I could use the full card and pay them off in a month time, so I know in 6 months, if my project works, I will be receiving super high increases, if my logic is right Smiley Wink (Not to mention I got a couple hundred bucks in rewards for using the cards that went to gas) Lmaooo Smiley Very Happy

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 1853 of 4,736
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on approval. Did you go through dealer?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 1854 of 4,736
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Yes I did!!

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 1855 of 4,736
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Your 19 with credit like that, waaahahahahaha you should on the front of GQ or Vogue! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1856 of 4,736
bc1012

Hi

BANK - Up2Drive (owned by BMW Financial)

PULLED - Experian

SCORE - Not sure, last checked here at myFico Transunion's was 719, 2 months ago

USED

Model not told to finance company

APR - 2.89 for 60 months

$18,600 loan

Here is the deal, APPROVED, but I call in and they say I have to trade in another car as a stipulation.  Yes, I have two other active auto loans.  Is getting a third auto loan pretty much impossible even with the solid credit rating as evidenced by the low APR offering?  Would a lease be any easier?  

Appreciate the advice.  Otherwise, if it had not been for that, Up2Drive seemed pretty cool with the solid rate! 

Message 1857 of 4,736
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Gladtobehere wrote:

Your 19 with credit like that, waaahahahahaha you should on the front of GQ or Vogue! Smiley Very Happy

hahahah if I ever do, I will be sure to credit Myfico forums for all the guides and help towards my credit success Smiley Wink but in the meantime I will be trying to help my generation chime in on my what I did wrong and right, and how it helped or hurt me on my goal to 800! Thanks for the compliment though, got me feeling all good inside! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1858 of 4,736
sdotlow
Established Member

APPROVING BANK: Mid Atlantic Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED:  Equifax Beacon 5.0 Auto Industry Option
CREDIT SCORE: 748
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  MD
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: FORD
MODEL: FUSION
MILEAGE: 0
RETAIL/LEASE: RETAIL
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 31,020
TERM CONTRACTED: 66 Months (First 3 months defered w/ interest, going to hit my principal hard)
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.99%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  $496
ANNUAL INCOME: 45k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 31% Back end with auto loan
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Started off at 2.5%.  Ford Credit offered me 2.0%.  When I was providing information to my credit union I told them Ford offered to beat them out of the loan, to which they replied we can give you 1.99%....IF you let us give you a credit card.  No annual fee.  Variable rate @ 9%. Rewards card with a 10k limit.  SURE!  So that further lowers my utilization!  Christmas in June for me!  Couldn't have done it without everyone here!

Amex CS scores - EX-745 / EQ-745 / TU-767 (6/28/13)
BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 10k, MAFCU Visa Rewards - 10k, Chase Freedom - 2500, Discover IT - 2000, Barclay Apple - 2000, AMEX BCE - 2000
Gardening as of 6/28/13
Message 1859 of 4,736
bc1012

Allow me to follow up my own post below for a 3rd auto loan.

I got Up2 Drive to Remove the condition, so I got my 3rd auto loan.  Up2drive is pretty cool.  2.89 rate is fine for a used car for 5 years.

@bc1012 wrote:

Hi

BANK - Up2Drive (owned by BMW Financial)

PULLED - Experian

SCORE - Not sure, last checked here at myFico Transunion's was 719, 2 months ago

USED

Model not told to finance company

APR - 2.89 for 60 months

$18,600 loan

Here is the deal, APPROVED, but I call in and they say I have to trade in another car as a stipulation.  Yes, I have two other active auto loans.  Is getting a third auto loan pretty much impossible even with the solid credit rating as evidenced by the low APR offering?  Would a lease be any easier?  

Appreciate the advice.  Otherwise, if it had not been for that, Up2Drive seemed pretty cool with the solid rate! 

Message 1860 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.