MILEAGE:78,xxx (long commute for work)
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN:16,900
TERM CONTRACTED:60 Months
APR/LEASE RATE:8.49%
MONTHLY PAYMENT:$352.31 incl gap
ANNUAL INCOME: $45k+
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: not sure
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: This was a refi, org loan was through Cap 1 at 18%, loan opened less than a yr ago. Not the best rate, but much better. Still got 2 baddies listed. Happy w/NFCU so far!

Message 2061 of 4,736
dangelo25

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: PNC
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: EQ - 812 (auto enhanced scores)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NC
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2014
MAKE: Jeep
MODEL: Grand Cherokee Overland
MILEAGE: 50
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail MSRP - $50,385
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $27,759
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.24%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $412.00
ANNUAL INCOME: $120,000

3 yrs ago I had low 600 credit score. last year I fianced a honda  EX-L V6 for 28k@1.9% with 694 EQ (10yr 120k mile warranty / gap included), my EQ  fico was reporting incorrectly do to a court record that should've been removed that wasn't. Showed them my TU score was 723. got that fixed and two days later and my EQ score was a 730.  But they had already agreed to the 1.9%

Message 2062 of 4,736
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@dangelo25 wrote:

3 yrs ago I had low 600 credit score. last year I fianced a honda  EX-L V6 for 28k@1.9% with 694 EQ (10yr 120k mile warranty / gap included), my EQ  fico was reporting incorrectly do to a court record that should've been removed that wasn't. Showed them my TU score was 723. got that fixed and two days later and my EQ score was a 730.  But they had already agreed to the 1.9%

What bank is PNC? Is it a credit union? And why 2.24%? Did they originally quote 2.49 and then drop it 0.25 because of direct debit? Sorry, I have a high score like you and I just want to know what rate I should shoot for when I buy my Mercedes in a few weeks. (2014 S class)

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2063 of 4,736
dangelo25

What bank is PNC? Is it a credit union? And why 2.24%? Did they originally quote 2.49 and then drop it 0.25 because of direct debit? Sorry, I have a high score like you and I just want to know what rate I should shoot for when I buy my Mercedes in a few weeks. (2014 S class)

Well PNC is a brick and mortar bank with branches all over. I had only heard of them before I got my loan the other day.  There are over 2,000 branches. I've seen them around where I live too.

But what I did, is just told them I got my last car at 1.9% with a 700 score and no money down just a year before.  No way I would consider a rate that high given that I had a 20k trade-in, title in hand, and they pulled 812 credit score (They were trying to give me 5.5). I just laughed.  Plus I had my own credit score with me 808 (non-auto enhanced)

Key is to know your score and your know the numbers on the car.  stand your ground. I told them my old truck was fine with me if I couldn't get the deal I wanted I was content to go home. On one paper from a manager I did see 2.9% but when we got back to the finance office, it was 2.24% just like he said it would be. PNC is a bank they found.

Personal opinion based on my last too vehicle purchases.  The managers and the finance guys have more leeway with rates than they lead on. The get points for selling loans.  They are just hoping you will jump at the first price that sounds good which I bet most people do. ask for the out the door price on paper with all the fees.  if you look at the payment you can guess what the rate is just be looking at it.  Well I can anyway.. I'm an IT guy and I work for a bank. ;-)

Message 2064 of 4,736
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@dangelo25 wrote:

Well PNC is a brick and mortar bank with branches all over. I had only heard of them before I got my loan the other day.  There are over 2,000 branches. I've seen them around where I live too.

But what I did, is just told them I got my last car at 1.9% with a 700 score and no money down just a year before.  No way I would consider a rate that high given that I had a 20k trade-in, title in hand, and they pulled 812 credit score (They were trying to give me 5.5). I just laughed.  Plus I had my own credit score with me 808 (non-auto enhanced)

Key is to know your score and your know the numbers on the car.  stand your ground. I told them my old truck was fine with me if I couldn't get the deal I wanted I was content to go home. On one paper from a manager I did see 2.9% but when we got back to the finance office, it was 2.24% just like he said it would be. PNC is a bank they found.

Personal opinion based on my last too vehicle purchases.  The managers and the finance guys have more leeway with rates than they lead on. The get points for selling loans.  They are just hoping you will jump at the first price that sounds good which I bet most people do. ask for the out the door price on paper with all the fees.  if you look at the payment you can guess what the rate is just be looking at it.  Well I can anyway.. I'm an IT guy and I work for a bank. ;-)

Thanks for the info. Amazing they tried to stick you with 5.5% with an 812 score. These dealers know no limits to their absurdity! I definitely did my homework and know what my note is supposed to be. I know my score, and based off of what you just told me, I think I'm gonna tell them the % I want, instead of waiting till we get back in the finance office and have to turn down what is being thrown at us.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2065 of 4,736
2ndchance1964
New Visitor

www.rategenuis.com  will help you find a lower interest to refi vehicle.   I don't know how many payments , you need to make prior to seeking refi .  So you can call to get them. There is a toll free number  on rate genuis's website.    I saved 5% after University  of Kentucky  Federal Credit Union refinanced my car with the help of rate genius . 4/3/13    I think rate genuis charged me 25.00 fee and they most likely got some type of finders fee from UCofKFCU.

Message 2066 of 4,736
kk627
New Contributor

@dangelo25 wrote:

We're about to get the Overland on Christmas Eve. How do you like it so far?

Message 2067 of 4,736
Dididi
New Visitor

APPROVING BANK: Subaru Credit aka JP Morgan Chase
BUREAU PULLED: Not sure, EQ I think
CREDIT SCORE: 770
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  California
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL:  Outback Limited with Leather and all the new safety gadgets and extras
MILEAGE: 12
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 33000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: 0%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $674
ANNUAL INCOME: $150k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: close to 0
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Paid below invoice for the car.  Closed the deal via email, went to the 45 minutes before closing.  Fille doubt the credit app, told them we are only buying the car if we get the 0% financing and we're upfront about not wanting any extras such as Gap or or BS.  40 minutes later we we're out the door with our new car.

Message 2068 of 4,736
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@Dididi wrote:

APPROVING BANK: Subaru Credit aka JP Morgan Chase
BUREAU PULLED: Not sure, EQ I think
CREDIT SCORE: 770
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  California
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL:  Outback Limited with Leather and all the new safety gadgets and extras
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 33000
TERM CONTRACTED: 48 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: 0%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $674
ANNUAL INCOME: $150k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: close to 0
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Paid below invoice for the car.  Closed the deal via email, went to the 45 minutes before closing.  Fille doubt the credit app, told them we are only buying the car if we get the 0% financing and we're upfront about not wanting any extras such as Gap or or BS.  40 minutes later we we're out the door with our new car.

Good job. I know they were pissed. This usually makes the managers and F&I guy highly upset and agitated.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2069 of 4,736
wntrwhte2

APPROVING BANK: DCU
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 689 FICO, 700+ auto enhanced
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: MA
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Rav4
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $30k
TERM CONTRACTED: 65 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $487
ANNUAL INCOME: >$80k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: <10%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Been a member of DCU for 14 years. Rate requires direct deposit. Amount financed includes $2k of negative equity from a POS Ford Focus.

Message 2070 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.