New Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@kk627 wrote:

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@kk627 wrote:

APPROVING BANK: Chase
BUREAU PULLED: Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 791 for my husband, 690 for me (auto scores)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2014
MAKE: Jeep
MODEL: Grand Cherokee Overland
MILEAGE: 12
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $35,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.15%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $499
ANNUAL INCOME: $170,000 bewteen the both of us
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Downpayment $17000. Sticekr price $49,175, husband haggled them down to $46,000. This car is amazing, come with all the bell and whistles, stuff  you didn't even know you needed.

Great interest rate through Chase! Did the dealer do that for you, or did you go to Chase yourself? Did you have a previous relationship with Chase? Asking because I have not seen rates like this outside of CU's and manufacturer incentives.

The dealer got it for us. We first went to our credit union and got approved for their best rate.  Then we went to the dealer and told them if they could not beat it, we would use our CU. We were shocked when they came back with Chase of all banks. We have checking/savings/credit cards with Chase but we save all of our money at the CU.

Did you have to show them proof, or did they just take your word for it?

They Now that I think about it, they didn't ask for proof, and if they did, we didn't have it. The CU didn't give us anything in writing.
Message 2091 of 4,736
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@kk627 wrote:

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@kk627 wrote:

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@kk627 wrote:

APPROVING BANK: Chase
BUREAU PULLED: Experian
CREDIT SCORE: 791 for my husband, 690 for me (auto scores)
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2014
MAKE: Jeep
MODEL: Grand Cherokee Overland
MILEAGE: 12
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $35,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.15%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $499
ANNUAL INCOME: $170,000 bewteen the both of us
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Downpayment $17000. Sticekr price $49,175, husband haggled them down to $46,000. This car is amazing, come with all the bell and whistles, stuff  you didn't even know you needed.

Great interest rate through Chase! Did the dealer do that for you, or did you go to Chase yourself? Did you have a previous relationship with Chase? Asking because I have not seen rates like this outside of CU's and manufacturer incentives.

The dealer got it for us. We first went to our credit union and got approved for their best rate.  Then we went to the dealer and told them if they could not beat it, we would use our CU. We were shocked when they came back with Chase of all banks. We have checking/savings/credit cards with Chase but we save all of our money at the CU.

They Now that I think about it, they didn't ask for proof, and if they did, we didn't have it. The CU didn't give us anything in writing.

Hahaha! Excellent!.......thanks for the info. I'm gonna "bluff" my dealership into thinking my CU will give me 2% rates. And I'm not even a member of a CU...... Smiley Very Happy

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2092 of 4,736
justcallmetj

APPROVING BANK: NFCU
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE:630
NEW/USED: Refinanced/New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: Volkswagen
MODEL: GLI Autobahn
MILEAGE:6k
RETAIL/LEASE: Financed
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 25k
TERM CONTRACTED: 72mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 6.79!!!
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 439
ANNUAL INCOME: 67000
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I financed this car back in August at 12.79% with capitalone. Although I'm only a few months in, I felt like it was time to try for a new rate. BoA, Chase and pretty much everywhere else denied me immediately.. The only hope I had was santander and even they couldn't do anything for me. Yesterday I signed up with NFCU in hopes that some of the wonderful stories I've heard would apply to me. I was SHOCKED when I got an immediate approval at 6.79%! I jumped on it immediately and I'll get the check overnight! The loan officer even suggested that I call in about 6 months to get a readjustment to 2.79%

Thank you NFCU!

Message 2093 of 4,736
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

justcallmetj --- I am so happy to hear your NFCU loan story! They truly are wonderful to work with. Good luck with lowering that % even more in a few months!

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 2094 of 4,736
justcallmetj

Thank you! I'm thrilled :-)

Message 2095 of 4,736
LabLady
Established Member

APPROVING BANK: Clearview Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: 668
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Ohio
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2010
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Explorer XLT
MILEAGE: 58900
RETAIL/LEASE: Financed
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 17843.47
TERM CONTRACTED: 63 monthts
APR/LEASE RATE: 11.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  382.00
ANNUAL INCOME: 56k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 3%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I know APR sucks but I have never had any type of installment loan so this is what I got. They were actually the best and gave me 100% financing because I got such a good purchase price . I figure I will pay on it a year and then re-fi. They also gave me a powerline of credit for $1000 at 16% to help build my credit lines also. I have a 23% CC that I will probably pay down and then shelf with this.  All and all I am happy with what I got considering I have no CC history except 2 CC's with low limits. Now off to the garden after the inquiry hits I took this weekend!

Message 2096 of 4,736
gotideas
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Midflorida credit union
BUREAU PULLED:  Transunion
CREDIT SCORE:  701
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:  FLorida
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2009
MAKE: BMW
MODEL: 750 LI
MILEAGE: 55,000
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  33,000
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 mths
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.99 %
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $585
ANNUAL INCOME:  47,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:  40%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY--payment a little higher due to trading in a Kia I was $7000 upside down in-

Message 2097 of 4,736
James82
Regular Contributor

kk627 wrote

This is exactly what we did. My score was around 710 which qualified us for the second tier through our credit union which was %2.15. The dealership asked if we would finance through them if they could beat the rate and I told them sure. They came back with %1.83 through RBS Citizens (Charterone) which is who we have our checking through.

They never asked to see our CU documents. The only time it would come in question is if for some reason they couldn't beat the CU rate. At that point you could be in a strange position because if you told them you'd use your CU then they would be expecting you to go that route.

Just do a little research on CUs and go to a credit union and become a member. Most only require $5 and allow you to apply for a loan immediately. That's all I did.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 2098 of 4,736
thatguy1
Contributor

APPROVING BANK: UHaul Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: EXP
CREDIT SCORE:   ~580
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Arizona
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE:  2005
MAKE: Dodge
MODEL: Ram 2500
MILEAGE:   59000
RETAIL/LEASE:  
AMOUNT OF LOAN:  24K
TERM CONTRACTED: 
APR/LEASE RATE:   13.65 %
MONTHLY PAYMENT:  $228 Bi weekly
ANNUAL INCOME:  100K
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: UNKNOWN
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Truck KBB is 35K, paid 27K with 3K down. Private party sale. Had collections on CR at time of APP.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 2099 of 4,736
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@James82 wrote:

kk627 wrote

This is exactly what we did. My score was around 710 which qualified us for the second tier through our credit union which was %2.15. The dealership asked if we would finance through them if they could beat the rate and I told them sure. They came back with %1.83 through RBS Citizens (Charterone) which is who we have our checking through.

They never asked to see our CU documents. The only time it would come in question is if for some reason they couldn't beat the CU rate. At that point you could be in a strange position because if you told them you'd use your CU then they would be expecting you to go that route.

Just do a little research on CUs and go to a credit union and become a member. Most only require $5 and allow you to apply for a loan immediately. That's all I did.

If they force my hand, I'll just walk out and tell them I'm going to see my CU. My bet is before 2 days out, they'll phone me and say "Come back, we can do the deal."

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2100 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.