Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

APPROVING BANK: Police and Fire Federal Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: TransUnion (dealer) I think PFFCU pulled Experian.
CREDIT SCORE: 795 (FICO Auto 08)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: PA
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Focus RS
MILEAGE:3
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $41,167 (after $1k down)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.49 (Now 2.24 after I established a checking account with them with direct deposit and auto pay)
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $736
ANNUAL INCOME: $52k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 8%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Offered me a credit card and a PLOC.  I don't need another SDed CC so I did take them up on the PLOC for 10k at 9.99%, same pull.  If I'm ever running short on the checking account, they will use the PLOC to fund.  That's about the only reason I would use and that would be rare, if at all.  I originally walked in with the CAP1 pre-approval at 2.49%.  They knew they needed to meet or beat Cap1, which they did and only two of the three reports were pulled.  They got a nice $1600 flat reserve from PFFCU and I only had to put down the original $1k which was used to order the car.

BTW, dealer was John Kennedy Ford in Jenkintown, PA.  Best car buying experience I've ever had.  No games, no F&I bs, delivered exactly what they promised.

Message 3611 of 4,736
kbella
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK:    Capital One Auto Navigator

BUREAU PULLED:    TransUnion

CREDIT SCORE:    623/622 (myself/husband)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:   IL
NEW/USED:   Used

YEAR OF VEHICLE:   2015
MAKE:    Dodge
MODEL:    Ram 1500
MILEAGE:   26k
RETAIL/LEASE:    Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN:    $29,998
TERM CONTRACTED:    72
APR/LEASE RATE:    5.2%

MONTHLY PAYMENT:    $512
ANNUAL INCOME:    $136k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:  Only had 800 for downpayment unfortunately.  Interest rate was better than I expected considering we had a rough start to last year with husband's layoff and prior BK in 2009. CarMax also showed me their financing offer but interest rate was higher which put payment over 600.  Had hoped to hold off on buying a new truck for husband but the 2000 GMC he was driving needed tires, brakes, struts, etc. so we finally jumped the gun now that he's in a good job again.  I was actually looking originally at older trucks but the interest rate shot up to 8-9% when it was older than 2014.  Had completely zero issues with Capital One Auto Navigator pre-approval either.  Was approved for 40k with interest rate of 2.49-9.14%.  We had a previous auto loan with them with a good paying record.  Might try to refinance in the future.  Overall very  happy with the process.

TU-579 EX-551 EQ-562 as of 1/14/09 (ouch)
Message 3612 of 4,736
Nmgh1968

APPROVING BANK: Nissan/Infiniti Funancial
BUREAU PULLED: TransUnion
CREDIT SCORE: 711
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Pennsylvania
NEW/USED: Certified PreOwned
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2015
MAKE: Infiniti
MODEL: Q50
MILEAGE: 13000
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $37K
TERM CONTRACTED: 72
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.99%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $521
ANNUAL INCOME: 60K
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: unsure
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: I added the extended warranty (don't bash me for this) because I wanted the electronics covered since this auto has a lot of technology. There rates were better than whatvCapitalOne Auto was going to give me for this car (around 5.4%)

Message 3613 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Penfed
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: Equifax Score 619 (me); 645 (husband) - Penfed score for me was 608 (didn't give me one for hubby)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE:
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2013
MAKE: Lincoln
MODEL: Navigator
MILEAGE: 32k
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $34k
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 5%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: Around $580 including Penfed GAP
ANNUAL INCOME: $130k combined
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 25%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Penfed was amazing. No one else could even compete with their offer of 5% with our scores. This is our first Penfed loan. Extremely happy so far and hope to continue with them for a long time.

Message 3614 of 4,736
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Approving Bank: Irvin Works Federal Credit Union

Bureau Pulled:  Haven't seen the HP yet..will update when I see it.

Credit Score: 671/692  me/DH

State: Florida

New/used: New

Year of vehicle: 2017

Make: Ford

Model: F250 Platinum FX4

Mileage: Unknown...pick it up on Wednesday

Retail/lease: Retail

Amount of Loan: $75,000

Term of loan: 84 mo.

Apr: 3.25%

Monthly Payment: $1,013

Income: $93,000 combined

Debt to Income ratio: 42% (just squeaked in!)

Miscellaneous Commentary:   Working with the CU was wonderful.  My husband has had a checking/savings there forever.  We bought our 5th wheel through them two years ago.  I have a couple of baddies on my report, which are paid.  DH has a  large charge off due to fall off this month.  Weren't planning on buying a truck until later this year, but our dream truck just kinda fell in our lap and we pulled the trigger!  So excited!!!

Message 3615 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approving Bank: Toyota Financial

Bureau Pulled:  Transunion & Equifax

Credit Score: 731/666

State: Kansas

New/used: Certified Preowned

Year of vehicle: 2015

Make: Toyota

Model: Corolla LE CVT 4Dr

Mileage: 13382

Retail/lease: Retail

Amount of Loan: $15847

Term of loan: 75 mo.

Apr: 4.00%

Monthly Payment: $239 with gap insurance & 15 synthetic oil change program (every 10000 miles and we drive a lot)

Income: $54,000 combined

Debt to Income ratio: 65%

Miscellaneous Commentary:  

Me and my husband just now co-signed on a car loanwith 0 downpayment! its a preowned Toyota corolla LE 2015 with 13,432 miles  on it , and i am the primary applicant ,and we got it for 4.0% (which is little high) but considering our situation this seems to be the best option.

Here is our background , we both are drivers and we drive around 165 to 200 miles a day  (my husband has 2015 prius with 0% financing), so we obviously are want cars that give high mileage , low maintainance and reliability. corollas are great in that category.

as for our credit , my husband has baddies and few old collections  and his scores are in lower 600s , but has immaculate payment history with Toyota and because of this he got 0% financing for his prius in 2015. i have good scores, my transunion is 731 and no baddies , perfect payment history , however i dont have a long history , i have 1 year credit history with TONS of inquires. and even though i work as a subcontractor we have setup our income in such a way that my pay goes to my husband's check in his name , that way we have one pay check and a one time insurance deduction. so considering all of this , i am happy we were able to close this deal with 4.0% interest rate for 75 months. This makes my monthly car payment 239$ for this new (pre owned certified) car along with gap insurance .

We are currently wanting to trade in my husband's 2015 prius for a corolla and get a better deal and low combined payment for two cars. lets see tomorrow he is going to the dealer to discuss the trading in of his car. his car payment is 517$ . when he called the dealer today they told him that by trading in his prius for a New corolla he can reduce his car payment to 330s .that i think will be perfect for us . that way our combined payment would be around 550

Message 3616 of 4,736
SemperFico

APPROVING BANK: NFCU
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 668
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: West Virginia
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2016
MAKE: Mitsubishi
MODEL: Outlander
MILEAGE: 15,000
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 19k
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 mo.
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.19%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $348
ANNUAL INCOME: 43k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 36%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: NFCU made it a seamless car buying experience

Starting Score: 652
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3617 of 4,736
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

APPROVING BANK: RBFCU
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: Not sure what they have, but hovering around 740
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2010
MAKE: Ford
MODEL: Escape LTD
MILEAGE: 152,000
RETAIL/LEASE: Finance
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $6500
TERM CONTRACTED: 36 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.8%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 171
ANNUAL INCOME:  100k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: ??
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Am buying this for my DD for her sweet 16 in 2 weeks. Smiley Very HappyHeart $0 down, may add GAP through RBFCU depending on cost.  Easiest car buying experience so far, and I've bought about 10 cars in my lifetime.  Applied online Tues afternoon to get additional .10% off rate, had decision about an hour or so later.  They sent me an email asking if I wanted to have check mailed to me or pick up in the branch.  Emailed them back Wed AM to say I would pick up in branch that afternoon, walked in..showed my ID and walked out 5 min later with the check!

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 3618 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Alliant Credit Union
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 674
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Illinois
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2014
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL: Forester 2.5i Limited
MILEAGE: 25,000
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 15,893.16 (7000 downpayment)
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.99%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 290.52
ANNUAL INCOME: 65,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: Not sure offhand
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Read a lot of good reviews here about Alliant beforehand and they lived up to them - were fast and easy to work with, plus I wasn't expecting such a good rate given my score. (Recently pulled it up by 52 points after having a major delinquency removed.) For anyone in the Chicago area, the dealership was Family Hyundai in Tinley Park and I'd recommend working with them as well - that car was a clean title and priced at $100 below the low end of its Kelly Blue Book value.

EDIT 2/26: Originally had TransUnion posted here, but I was mistaken - the dealer had just pulled TU during their identity check.

Message 3619 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: Honda Financial Services
BUREAU PULLED: Experien
CREDIT SCORE: 645
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: NY
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: Honda
MODEL: CRV - EX
MILEAGE: 7
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 35K
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 Months
APR/LEASE RATE: 5.5%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $572
ANNUAL INCOME: $47,050K
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO:

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: The total price of the vehicle with tax was $31K, I was $4K upside down with my trade in so that was added to the loan.

Message 3620 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.