Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

This is my second RAM truck. The first one was RAM 2500HD Laramie. This one is RAM 3500HD Dually Longhorn. I got it last April 2017 and it came out from the factory on March hence the 0 mileage.  I am planning to refinance with NFCU few months from now to reduce the interest rate. As of now, my credit score is not that good. I am hoping to turn it around close to 780s again in next few months after the tax filing.

APPROVING BANK: Chrysler Capital
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 722
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: AL
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2017
MAKE: RAM
MODEL: 3500
MILEAGE: 0 (for real!)
RETAIL/LEASE:
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 75000
TERM CONTRACTED: 80 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 5.25%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 1228
ANNUAL INCOME: $79k

Message 3821 of 4,736
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Dragen wrote:
APPROVING BANK: KIA Financial
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion/Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 800/824
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Tx
NEW/USED: NEW
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2018
MAKE: Kia
MODEL: Stinger GT2
MILEAGE: 12
RETAIL/LEASE: Lease
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 47k
TERM CONTRACTED: 36 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: .00181
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 667
ANNUAL INCOME: 72k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 9%
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Been waiting for this car since it was unveiled in January at the Detroit show. It was the first Stinger off the truck, leased it sight unseen and with no test drive. The car is great but the leasing experience sucked because of the shady dealer. First, even though they don't even use Transunion, they pulled it, since they couldn't access my Equifax, which is locked due to the breach. Once I got to finance, they told me they needed to run Equifax too, since that's who Kia uses, so now I'm stuck with an extra, pointless inquiry.
Then once I'm in the office and signing the contract, I see extras that I specifically declined are still in the MSRP. I was ready to walk, since I'm not paying for BS nitrogen air or "paint protection" or theft guard; my salesman was called in and he fixed it at the last minute though.
As for the lease, I know I probably overpaid; that payment could lease a BMW or Audi. Kia is currently offering $6100 lease cash and 0.00181 for tier 1/2 buyers though, so that took some of the 'sting' out of it.

Congrats glad u are enjoying the car a shady dealer will ruin the experience for u are right for that payment u could have gotten more car. I have looked at Kia leases but there money factor is insane take for instance your car. Translate that MF into APR its almost 5% Kia needs to get with the program there MF on leases are a joke. I know its a new car and all but still enjoy.Smiley Happy

Message 3822 of 4,736
marty56
Super Contributor

@Dragen wrote:
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Been waiting for this car since it was unveiled in January at the Detroit show. It was the first Stinger off the truck, leased it sight unseen and with no test drive. The car is great but the leasing experience sucked because of the shady dealer. First, even though they don't even use Transunion, they pulled it, since they couldn't access my Equifax, which is locked due to the breach. Once I got to finance, they told me they needed to run Equifax too, since that's who Kia uses, so now I'm stuck with an extra, pointless inquiry.
Then once I'm in the office and signing the contract, I see extras that I specifically declined are still in the MSRP. I was ready to walk, since I'm not paying for BS nitrogen air or "paint protection" or theft guard; my salesman was called in and he fixed it at the last minute though.
As for the lease, I know I probably overpaid; that payment could lease a BMW or Audi. Kia is currently offering $6100 lease cash and 0.00181 for tier 1/2 buyers though, so that took some of the 'sting' out of it.

Please let us know how it drives.  Could be on my short list for my next car.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3823 of 4,736
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

APPROVING BANK: dcu
BUREAU PULLED: no hp (preapproval based on recent sp)
CREDIT SCORE: dcu equifax score 730 (Fico credit card scores between 750 and 775)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: nj
NEW/USED: new
MAKE: vw
MODEL: golf s
MILEAGE: 18
RETAIL/LEASE: retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 18,000 out the door plus 295 gap through dcu
TERM CONTRACTED: 65 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.24
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 294.xx  (plus gap-299.xx)
ANNUAL INCOME: 70,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: 30
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

I recently went through a lemon law buyback with a Jeep Wrangler. The vw gets twice the mpg and costs about half the price. I went in with a dcu blank check and told them I would make it for 18,000 and not a penny higher. They needed to include tax, registration transfer, doc fees, etc... the msrp was about 21,000 and I got the car for 16,460 plus tax (18,000). I feel good about the deal. I think they need to clear out the 17s because the 18s are due out early next year and will come with a refresh on the current model and a six year bumper to bumper warranty. I only got a three year warranty but the price makes it worth it in my opinion. The car drives very nice and the interior is really comfortable.

Message 3824 of 4,736
Dragen
Established Member

@marty56 wrote:

@Dragen wrote:

Please let us know how it drives.  Could be on my short list for my next car.

How does it drive, you ask? It's simply amazing. It's quiet and comfortable after a long day at work. It's effortless when you're just crushing on the highway. And even though I'm babying it during break-in, I can tell it's fun when you want it to be; I had sports cars before this, and it handles just as well as they did. I haven't done any hard accelerating yet but the V6, in sport mode, wants to GO; kept in comfort or Smart mode, it still gives you plenty of get-up. 

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, practical 4 door. Right now dealers are sticking firmly to MSRP, but if you're into leasing, Kia is offering up to $6800 in lease cash, until 1/2/2018. Maybe they'll offer better MF, or, even more money off, once the inventory starts to build up. 

Message 3825 of 4,736
JAlex2014
Established Member

APPROVING BANK: DCU
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax

CREDIT SCORE: DCU Equifax score 698

CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: VA
NEW/USED: USED
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2016
MAKE: Audi
MODEL: A3 2.0T Premium Plus Quattro w/ Technology & Sports package
MILEAGE: 28k
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 25,954

TERM CONTRACTED: 65 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 2.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 432.80

ANNUAL INCOME: 75,000
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: ? 
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY:

Financed with DCU, Process was super easy. Applied Friday, and picked up my car on Saturday. Had to roll in 3k negative equity from my Volkswagen Jetta which bumped up the total amount of the loan. Plan on paying an additional 200 month on the principle to pay the car off sooner than 65 Months. According to the DCU Rep, I was 2 points off from receiving the 2.49 rate.  

Bank of America Alaska CC $20,400 | Citi Double Cash $19,000 | Citi Simplicity $9,100 | AMEX Blue Cash $24,000 | AMEX Platinum | Chase Amazon $6,500 | Chase Freedom $9,600 | Chase Sapphire $5,000 | NordicTrack $3,400 | Capital One Venture $10,900 | Capital One Plat $750 | Discover IT $8,000 | Best Buy $4,000 | Synchrony Mattress Firm $22,000 | Ikea Projekt $19,000

Total CL: $161,650
Util: 4%

AAoA: 4.5 Years

Current FICO Scores 06/21 - (EX - 776, TU- 787, EQ 770)
Starting FICO Scores 8/12 - (EX - 649, TU 651, EQ 643)
Message 3826 of 4,736
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

APPROVING BANK: TD Auto Finance
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE: 709 (Auto score used)  TU FICO 8: 673
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: AL
NEW/USED: Used
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2015
MAKE: Lexus
MODEL: IS 250
MILEAGE: 4,495
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 32k ($4k neg. equity rolled in)
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 mos
APR/LEASE RATE: 7.19%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $540
ANNUAL INCOME: 53k
DEBT TO INCOME RATIO: I have no idea
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: A day after purchase,  I applied for a refinance with NFCU and PenFed. Both approved at 5.20%, term and monthly payment remains the same, although I added gap and an extended warranty, which I didn't do with TD Auto Finance. TD beat Capital One Auto Finance by 1%. I have about 5 days to decide if I'm going to go with NFCU or PenFed. Decisions! Decisions! I should have tried both prior to the purchase, but I didn't for what ever reason. Old car needed repairs that I wasn't willing to repair, plus I just wanted another car.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3827 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK: RBFCU
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion (no new HP)
CREDIT SCORE: Unkown 
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
MAKE: Mercedes
MODEL: AMG C63S
MILEAGE: 134
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $74K
TERM CONTRACTED: 66mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.95%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $1194
ANNUAL INCOME: $170K + Bonus
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Approval used the same HP as my application for account & Mastercard....#win

Message 3828 of 4,736
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

APPROVING BANK: RBFCU
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion (no new HP)
CREDIT SCORE: Unkown 
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
MAKE: Mercedes
MODEL: AMG C63S
MILEAGE: 134
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $74K
TERM CONTRACTED: 66mo
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.95%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $1194
ANNUAL INCOME: $170K + Bonus
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Approval used the same HP as my application for account & Mastercard....#win

No way.  My car, my CU, I also got approved when DW asked me to upgrade to their Platinum MC. 

I bank at the Potranco branch.  Don't tell me you use that one too.  What color?  I want the blue or grey one.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3829 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Marty - haven’t actually been in a branch yet....but that’s on the other side of town from us. Bought @ MB of Boerne, they can pull your approval directly from RBFCU and do all paperwork so you can avoid a trip to the branch...it was great! We got the dark Grey & Black Napa leather with Cream insets in seats. She’s a beauty! My E550 was nice, but this one is far superior.
Message 3830 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.