Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Approvals!

@Travis-84 wrote:

[quote]If you put down a substantial downpayment and ultimately get whacked, you lose the value of your equity.  You might think it is better not to put any money down in order to hedge your bets.  Or wrong?[/quote]

I guess it depends on how accident prone you are and what your interest rate is.

If I could get 0% APR, I would put as little down as possible, make minimum payments, then put extra money in saving account.  This would give me more flexibility if I really needed the money for something else.

If my APR was 20%,(for the sake of discussion, lets assume I HAD to buy that car) I would put down as much as possible, and pay if off as fast as possible. 

I actually bought a used car a few years ago, and it was totaled about 30 days after I bought it.   They offered me 750 less than I paid for it, even though I showed them that I bought it 30 days ago.  They wouldn't budge, so I called them up to see if I was eligible for a rental car, and I was eligible for 40.00 a day for 30 days.  I told them I would rent the car for 30 days so I could consider their offer.  Since a rental car would have cost them 1200, they overnighted me a check for the amount I was asking.

Nice move!  Smiley Happy

Message 501 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANKSmiley FrustratedF Police credit union
BUREAU PULLED: Equifax
CREDIT SCORE: 717
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: CA
NEW/USED: New
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011
MAKE: Chevy
MODEL: Camaro
MILEAGE: 65
RETAIL/LEASE: Retail
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 35,500
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.49
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 650 and change
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTAR: I have been a long time lurker on this site and I just wanted to share. My equifax score on myfico was 695 but the dealer said it was 717 with them. I qualified for s tier with gmac now ally @ 3.89%. Called my credit union and got approved for a little lower 3.49%.

Message 502 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVING BANK:  Hyundai Motor Finance
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: EQ 723,TU 742 (both Auto Enhanced)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2010
MAKE: Hyundai
MODEL: Elantra
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 7500
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.9
INCOME: $25,000
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 138.01
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Base model 13,584 after 2500 cash rebate. 14,718 TTL. Myfico: EQ 716,TU745 Util 3% Only one previous auto loan paid off early in 2004 after 24 mos. Drove multiple makes/models/dealers/new/used before allowing credit pulls. Local CU 4.99% and my bank was 10.1% so passed on those. Financed to get installment loan on my credit. Debt free except for this loan.  Will pay off early at 24 to 30 mos. Replaced my recently totaled 01 Corolla.  This forum helped this senior lady survive dealership shopping without too much psychological/financial damage.
Message 503 of 4,736
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Capital One
BUREAU PULLED: TU/ EQ
CREDIT SCORE:706/755
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TN
MAKE: Nissan
MODEL: Altima 3.5 SL
MILEAGE:12
RETAIL: $34,800 (discounts, and haggling, $26,000) 
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $26000
TERM CONTRACTED:60 months
APR: 3.59% (Nothing Down)
MONTHLY PAYMENT:474 a month
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Was offered 0% APR with 36 months but payments would have been 723 a month. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 504 of 4,736
22_broke_and_in_debt
New Contributor

APPROVING BANK: Municipal Credit Union

BUREAU PULLED: Experian 

CREDIT SCORE: 669

CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: New York

NEW/USED: New

YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2011 

MAKE:. Ford

MODEL: Fiesta SEL

MILEAGE: 16

RETAIL/LEASE: $18,860 MSRP, Paid $18,486 with Ford X Plan discount.

AMOUNT OF LOAN: $18,900

TERM CONTRACTED: 72 

APR/LEASE RATE: %4.9

MONTHLY PAYMENT: $315

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: My first new car!!! Thank you My Fico community for helping me reach this goal! (And yes, I did buy a pink car. Smiley Happy

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan

Message 505 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
APPROVING BANK:  Hyundai Motor Finance
BUREAU PULLED: EQ
CREDIT SCORE: EQ 723,TU 742 (both Auto Enhanced)
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: TX
MAKE: Hyundai
MODEL: Elantra
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 7500
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.9
INCOME: $25,000
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 138.01
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Base model 13,584 after 2500 cash rebate. 14,718 TTL. Myfico: EQ 716,TU745 Util 3% Only one previous auto loan paid off early in 2004 after 24 mos. Drove multiple makes/models/dealers/new/used before allowing credit pulls. Local CU 4.99% and my bank was 10.1% so passed on those. Financed to get installment loan on my credit. Debt free except for this loan.  Will pay off early at 24 to 30 mos. Replaced my recently totaled 01 Corolla.  This forum helped this senior lady survive dealership shopping without too much psychological/financial damage.

Ma'am, I;ve never heard it put quite that way before, but when I think about it, a trip or two to the dealership does peg the stress meter and you can often walk away feeling beaten up and abused. 

I'm really glad it worked out for you and you got a good deal.  Smiley Happy

Message 506 of 4,736
mross1080
Established Contributor

APPROVING BANK:Infiniti NMAC
BUREAU PULLED: Transunion
CREDIT SCORE: 619
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: PA
MAKE: Infiniti
MODEL: EX35
MILEAGE: 12
AMOUNT OF LOAN: 43500
TERM CONTRACTED: 72 months
APR/LEASE RATE: 3.99
MONTHLY PAYMENT: 660
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Got a great deal, Had to roll in almost 7k negative equity and zero down. Great car.
Message 507 of 4,736
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great on a credit score of 619. Do you have previous car loan history? I want the M37 S and I'm bringing at least $15,000 down because my credit is only 630. This gives me hope! I cannot wait Smiley Wink Thanks for the post!!!

Message 508 of 4,736
mross1080
Established Contributor

My transunion shows only a year and a half of history and has a medical collection thats and error on it. Otherwise its completely clean. Util was 15%. And I had 1 paid off auto loan for 10k and 2 current autoloans both for around 24k one was traded in. The 3.9 is there promo rate as long as you get approved at tier 3 or higher you get that rate or 1.9 for 60 months or 0 for 36 months.

Message 509 of 4,736
jooshiro1

APPROVING BANK: MBUSA FINANCIAL
BUREAU PULLED: TU
CREDIT SCORE: 763
CUSTOMER STATE OF RESIDENCE: Pennsylvania
NEW/USED: Used (CPO)
YEAR OF VEHICLE: 2009
MAKE: Mercedes Benz
MODEL: C63
MILEAGE: 27970
AMOUNT OF LOAN: $39004
TERM CONTRACTED: 60 MO
APR/LEASE RATE: 1.99%
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $690
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTARY: Recently was in an accident and totaled my other merc. Received an excellent settlement. For this car I paid $15,000 down, price also includes an extended warranty. Good deal over-all as I was able to talk them down $4k (they're usually very reluctant to move on a CPO). I subscribe to identity guard service and it only showed that MBUSA pulled my TU score. The finance manager at the MB dealer said that 730 qualifies you for top tier financing through MBUSA.
Message 510 of 4,736
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.