Frequent Contributor
kdoggflog01

Auto Loan Help

Hi guys,

I recently pulled a credit score of 611 and I'm looking to purchase a car. Don't want to spending big dollars. Probably no more than $15k. Current car is about to die so I'm most likely looking to purchase the car early next year and use a large bonus for a down payment of about 10-15%. Baddies on my report are late payment for 3 separate accounts, but all are now current. Any recommendations on how I should go about looking for financing and if I would even qualify anywhere? 

Thanks!

New Contributor
amh783

Re: Auto Loan Help

I was approved with a 610 in February 2011 through Americredit (now GM Financial, i think?) for a $14k loan and the interest rate was something ridiculous like 14.5%. But I took it, paid it diligently for 6 months, and then refinanced through my credit union to 2.99. I was doing alot of credit repair at the time as well. HTH

Starting Score: April 2011: EQ 606 TU 585 EX FAKO 574
Current Score: Dec 2012: EQ 738 TU 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
kdoggflog01

Thanks, was that through the dealership or did you go directly to the website or brick and mortar?

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

You gotta go to the dealership.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+