cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Insurance Quotes, do they cause a hard inquiry? Get insured in person or online?

tag
UKTone
New Contributor

Auto Loan Insurance Quotes, do they cause a hard inquiry? Get insured in person or online?

Auto Loan Insurance Quotes, do they cause a hard inquiry? Is et insured in person or online?

Do they need to see the car? If so possibly when?

Please give tips. I live in Detroit (Westside, vey close to Dearborn), Michigan. We have no garage, my G.P.A. is a 2.935 (unfortunately it is no longer a 3.3).

We've had some hit and runs lately, so I want full coverage... the car cost me $700, but I want to have a car for a while, since the buses here are becoming very unreliable. I here claims raise premiums, hopefully I don't have to make any claims, but good to have just in case. It is a 2000 Saturn 4-door by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
14IS4
New Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Insurance Quotes, do they cause a hard inquiry? Get insured in person or online?

Auto Insurance Quotes are always soft pulls and they can be insured in person, online or over the phone. They typically won't need to see the car unless it has prior damage and that is after you are already insured.

Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Insurance Quotes, do they cause a hard inquiry? Get insured in person or online?

Its a SP, and like 14IS4 said, it can be insured online or in person or over phone.

Sometimes they may want you to send in pictures of the car or see it, but it will depend on the insurance company. If you have gaps in between coverage, or are switching from liability to full coverage, then they typically will want to verify the state / condition of the car.

Just call the insurance company and find out. Each company has different policies.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Have you also checked rates for full coverage? If your car is worth 700, I don't recommend full coverage. If something happens to it, just scrap it and get a new car. You probably will get back around the same amount of money. It's not worth paying full coverage in most cases for a 700 dollars car.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.