Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Nightmare that won't end

tag
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Nightmare that won't end

Just based on the information you have given I am assuming that you financed this and not leased it. How many payments do you have left?

Message 11 of 53
sccredit
Valued Contributor

This makes no sense.  Your balance should be in the mid twenties right now on a 6 year loan that is 4 years in.  Who is the lender on it?

Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weathergirl,  Both DCU and Penfed allow you to join affiliate type organizations, charities where for about 10 bucks you become a member of the organization and then you are eligible to join their credit unions.  Both have that information on thier sites.

Message 13 of 53
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

It sounds as if the monthly payments aren't being applied towards the account or the loan balance correctly. You should call them first or visit a branch location if possible to resolve this.

Even if you financed it up to 84 months at 16% your loan balance should be half of what you posted.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, is this a ballon payment loan?  My guess is yes.  If so that will make it even tougher.

Message 15 of 53
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

That's a pretty big balloon... A "hot air" one perhaps?
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 16 of 53
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

What sort of LIES and WITCHCRAFT is this??!! The numbers are not adding up...You have been paying on a car for 4 YEARS with a 16% APR on your loan...DaFuQ??!! Now you are saying that you cannot refi due to LTV? You need to look into joining DCU and/or PenFed and they will most definitely help you out. Your scores are in the high 600s and low 700s you are in a great position to refi......

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 17 of 53
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My current loan amount was for 62k. Monthly payment is 1232. My current scores are 703 (TU) , 695 (EX), and 670 (EQ). My monthly payments all go to interest and i am just throwing money away every month. Balance is at 51k now. 

You should double check your loan balance.

Backing out the numbers from what you've posted, your loan should be a 84 month term, 16%, $1232 per month.

At the 48 month mark the (the 4 years you posted), the amortization table says you should owe $35,781, if you

have made just the required payments on time. A $51K remaining balance would be more like 2 years into the

loan, not 4. Have you checked the current market value of your car ? You may be close to a LTV that allows for

a refi with no more money lumped in.

No need to harp on "water under the bridge", but it is important to recognize what went wrong

here just so you don't repeat it. This appears to be a very bad, bad deal for several reasons. A

luxury car on a subprime loan for an extended term. Not a good situation. Very likely you didn't

get a good price on the vehicle either, because you had little bargaining leverage. Good news is,

you should be close to right side up now (car is worth at least the outstanding balance). That will

open some options to refi or sell the car.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know about everyone else but I will never take out a 62000 loan for 16% interest alone is almost 10k a year

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know about everyone else but I will never take out a 62000 loan for 16% interest alone is almost 10k a year

The OP has admitted it wasnt their best decision, no reason to pile on.  You were just posting about a 30k plus loan for a pair of watercraft, most of us wouldnt do that either.  We all value what we spend on differently.  

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.