cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Qualification for Variable Time Salary?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Qualification for Variable Time Salary?

Hello,

I'm currently shopping for a used car. Ive had a previous auto loan, and just recently paid this loan off. I'm curious how I will be approved regarding my income with the banks. 

I work for an Airline and my time is greatly variable- however my entire work group is considered full-time. My hourly rate is near 30.00/ Hr, but because we have so much flexibility with our schedules, I often elect to not work my full schedule, however we are still considered, even at this, full time employees.

The problem here comes in with my take home pay- Its greatly variable dependent on choice, I can work more or less, and In the past year I've worked less which makes my income considerably lower than what It can be bassed on my income need at the time.

My question is, do the lenders simply pay attention to my take home pay amount, or do they look at my hourly rate and full-time status to make a calculation on my earnings potential, and therefore the amount they are willing to lend, and rate?

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Qualification for Variable Time Salary?

I should probabaly mention my previous car loan was 2 years and never late for the amount of approx 14K

I have approximately 1.5K on cards with much more available.

My credit-scores are 648, 698, 644

No rent or other payments. 

No negatives in over 5 years. 

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Qualification for Variable Time Salary?

1. the application is going to ask if your full time and the answer is yes.

2. I would choose to either use your total income from last year or if you are making more this year use that or just simply work your full schedule for 2 pay periods before you buy a car "in case" they want to see paystubs but most likely they won't so don't throw a wrench in the application by giving them info they don't want to hear.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.