Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refiance

tag
tmoney2099
Established Member

Auto Loan Refiance

I got a loan last year for my 2011 Nissian Sentra. I was approved through Wells Fargo. When They did the follow up call I wasn't able to answer. I work from 8-7 so I really don't have time to communciate with the outside world. Anyway I was a temp at the time and the dealer put the name of the company I work for instead of the temp agency. Wells Fargo ended up pulling the loan and the dealer ended up writing it up as a lease. It's been a year doesn't show up on my credit report and the terms are the greatest. I could trade it but I would have a lot of negative equity. I think the best option would be to refiance. I would appreicate any help that would be willing to give.

EQ 664 TU 680 EX 682

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Refiance

Check out DCU
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Refinancing a lease? Don't believe that I've heard of that before. Are you considering buying out the lease?

Message 3 of 7
tmoney2099
Established Member

Yea I know. I signed the loan papers through Wells Fargo. They backed out of the loan after I already had the car and traded mine in. So they dealership wrote it up as a lease. It still confuses me but they said I can refiance it just like it was a loan. I had no choice needed a new car quick. 

Message 4 of 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I didn't read the lease part lol, The only way you can refinance a lease is if you buy it out and then finance with whoever you want. Which really isn't refinancing.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 7
tmoney2099
Established Member

Yea the whole thing was a mess. The dealer was trying to talk me into a trade in and it just didnt make sense to me. I did the unwise thing of letting the dealer doing the rip and run of inquiries lastt time.

Message 6 of 7
tmoney2099
Established Member

I just wanted to update. I went with DCU they approved me for $15500 but wouldnt accept the loan by out. I then asked for $18,000 for a different car they gave me 3.99%. They also gave me a credit card with a $3000 limit. I'm pretty happy with them so far.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.