Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refinance Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Refinance Question

Okay, my first six months are almost up on my current auto loan. It is currently at 25 percent. No that is not a typo. It was based on the fact that I had zero credit. Now comes the fun part, after my 6 months are up I should have FICO's in the high 600's to low 700's based on the score estimator. How does one refinance a car?  I am sure I will qualify for a lot lower percentage rate when my scores actually post.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Refinance Question

Go to a lender or a couple and ask.  I applied at a local credit union that was having a loan sale.  I would assume at this point you are probably upside down.  If that is true, you might want to have some cash on hide to pay down the balance.  Lenders don't usually like negative equity auto loans.  It sounds like you plan on checking your scores before, good idea. Just so you know what you have to work with before you hit a lender, no surprises.
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to a lender or a couple and ask.  I applied at a local credit union that was having a loan sale.  I would assume at this point you are probably upside down.  If that is true, you might want to have some cash on hide to pay down the balance.  Lenders don't usually like negative equity auto loans.  It sounds like you plan on checking your scores before, good idea. Just so you know what you have to work with before you hit a lender, no surprises.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am upside down at the moment, but in 12 more payments it will be all good... I can afford the payments until then, I just hate the high interest. Should I wait until next August, or should I try in January?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.