Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refinance Situation...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Refinance Situation...

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Altima in August 2007. My interest rate is 16.95, which was due to my credit scores. I've been working on my credit and want to get out of the loan. What is the best way to do this? Do I refinance with another company or do I just try and sell it for the payoff amount? I want another car and feel I would get a better rate now that my scores are up. Please advise...

Account: Nissan Altima 2.5S Principal: $13,893.53 Interest: $148.29 Fees: $0.00 Estimated Payoff Quote: $14,054.72

Experian : 629

TransUnion: 617

Equifax: 651

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Refinance Situation...

13k still owing on a 05 Altima?  I have not looked at the specific resale vaule of that vehicle, but I would wager that you are upside down by a large margin.  If that's the case a re-fi or new loan with the negative equity is very unlikely - if you get it at all then it will be another sub-prime loan with high interest rates.

Best course of action - pay as much as you can as fast as you can.  (easier said than done these days Smiley Sad )

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.