cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just had  question....

I just recently started to care alot about my credit score as I want to buy a house in about 4 - 5 years.

My question now is I purchased my Car not even a month ago maybe 3.5 weeks and the dealer gave me a rate of 2.99%

But my bank (US BANK) offered me 1.97.%

I guess my question is if I refiance so early isnt my credit score going to get hit again and go down even more? 

I am fiancing 22,000 / 60 Months (maybe 48 Months)

I did the math and I am obviously saving more on the interest but I'm more worried about the credit score than anything. any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Sorry if someone already asked this question.... I didn't see it on the forums.....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

If your timeline for buying a house is 4-5 years, then you don't have much to worry about for this.

Your score will only be effected for a short time.

I would say go ahead and save the 1%.

Although, now you have a used car not a new car. US Bank may not approve at the rate you think.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.