mrfuzzy626

Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just had  question....

I just recently started to care alot about my credit score as I want to buy a house in about 4 - 5 years.

My question now is I purchased my Car not even a month ago maybe 3.5 weeks and the dealer gave me a rate of 2.99%

But my bank (US BANK) offered me 1.97.%

I guess my question is if I refiance so early isnt my credit score going to get hit again and go down even more? 

I am fiancing 22,000 / 60 Months (maybe 48 Months)

I did the math and I am obviously saving more on the interest but I'm more worried about the credit score than anything. any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Sorry if someone already asked this question.... I didn't see it on the forums.....

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

If your timeline for buying a house is 4-5 years, then you don't have much to worry about for this.

Your score will only be effected for a short time.

I would say go ahead and save the 1%.

Although, now you have a used car not a new car. US Bank may not approve at the rate you think.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
mrfuzzy626

Re: Auto Loan Refinancing - Good idea if I just purchased my car last month?

Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}