Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan chances?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan chances?

Also my getting approved was weighed heavily on my work history and mine and the wife's salary rates 100kish or so at our peak :-) they always went with my score since it was the lowest, although my wife's wasnt much higher. 506 on first loan and 530ish on second.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 11 of 16
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@cartwrna wrote:
Idk how I got away with such low downs. GM Financial financed my Avenger, Exeter Finance on my Charger. Before the Charger Chase Auto financed an Edge for me, I did put 5k down on it though. The Avenger has been a great car. Currently at 14k miles with no issues as of yet. It's also packing the 283HP 3.6 Pentastar so pretty ballsy. Way faster then a 96 5.0 Stang I used to drive. And either way the new Charger RT makes up for the Avenger ;-)

Well there's some background. You have previous car loan history, getting zero or low down is possible at that point. I am familiar with the Avenger I have been buying Chrysler products since the mid-90's.

A face only a mother could love.

Almost anything is faster than the first modular V8 Mustangs ('95-'96) which is why the '97 New Edge Mustangs had a dramatically power increase (280hp); of course nothing is more ridiculous even a decade later than the Terminator, John Coletti's Magnum Opus. When 390hp is quoted I laugh, 500hp is attainable without cracking the valve covers...

Message 12 of 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I wish I could upload my Avenger, it looks pretty good. Gets a lot of compliments. Black on black on black lol. its ballsy too. Hangs with my Charg RT. Avengers piped, tuned on e85, CAI and fastman ported polished TB. My Avenger was first car loan on my reports. Bought every car prior with cash.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 13 of 16
lambo003
Contributor

Some how I managed to get a $26k car loan last year at a rate of 10% with $1,000 down. My credit history at the time was around 5 or 6 months long and my credit score was 738 (Equifax I believe). And as the previous posters said, I think the Hughes credit union offers a good deal. The credit union I just refinanced my car with requires first time buyers to put down 20% and will only finance 80% of the cost of the vehicle.
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 14 of 16
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@lambo003 wrote:
Some how I managed to get a $26k car loan last year at a rate of 10% with $1,000 down. My credit history at the time was around 5 or 6 months long and my credit score was 738 (Equifax I believe). And as the previous posters said, I think the Hughes credit union offers a good deal. The credit union I just refinanced my car with requires first time buyers to put down 20% and will only finance 80% of the cost of the vehicle.

For used cars Logix is roughly the same; 15% down, 85% of the cost of the vehicle. On new cars is up to 115% I believe, I have to check. If you have no money guess what happens...lol 

Message 15 of 16
lambo003
Contributor

You don't get the car loan I'm assuming. 

Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.