Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan on a Used Car with two signers -

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Auto Loan on a Used Car with two signers -

So our second car is basically shot - it's not worth the $1500 to fix nor do we have $1500. We need a second car ASAP as we work completely opposite ways of one another with work schedules where we can't even share the car.

He currently has no credit score - he hasn't had any credit activity since 2009.  He just applied for and was approved for a secure credit card with a CL of $400. 

I am currently rebuilding my credit after a financial hardship and have a current myFico score of 590 (this was before I had 7 collections removed, waiting on a score alert for any jump). I already have one loan on my credit - I still owe $5,900. The account is in good standing.

Do you think we have ANY chance of getting approved for a car loan with a small amount of money down?? Would it help if I added him as an authorized user to my accounts in good standing to show some recent credit history?

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Smiley Happy Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barris
Established Member

Re: Auto Loan on a Used Car with two signers -

Adding your husband on as an AU is only going to be good at boosting his score so it might be a good idea if you guys want to go in as co-signers. If you are having 7 CAs removed, you are looking at a significant score jump, wait out untill then. You guys might be eligible for a loan with a small down pay.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.