Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan or Personal Loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan or Personal Loan?

I have been looking for a car/payment in the $100 range. I don't want to pay over $6000. I wasn't even sure I would get approved (TU 648), but the finance guy at the dealership said he could approve me for a car that costs at least $7500 as that is a normal minimum loan amount. Well...I don't want a $150 car payment so I don't know what to do now. Should I try to get a personal loan? Any suggestions on who I should try with next? Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan or Personal Loan?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been looking for a car/payment in the $100 range. I don't want to pay over $6000. I wasn't even sure I would get approved (TU 648), but the finance guy at the dealership said he could approve me for a car that costs at least $7500 as that is a normal minimum loan amount. Well...I don't want a $150 car payment so I don't know what to do now. Should I try to get a personal loan? Any suggestions on who I should try with next? Thanks!

A bank or credit union may finance you- for that small an amount.

Or a bank may give you a loan.

You need to do your math.

invariably a car valued that low has a low relaibility factor.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan or Personal Loan?

Thanks...I've done the math...that's how I know what I can afford Smiley Wink .

My credit union won't approve a new loan as I'm paying one off that got behind. I might try my bank.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.