Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan with low scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan with low scores

My scores are 588, 531, and 573. I really need a new car. I'm 25 years old and at the age of 19, I screwed up my credit. Right now, I'm working full-time bringing in about $1700, while in school. I don't have a co-signer either. How much do you think is a reasonable figure to ask for when applying for a auto loan? I've paid off all, but 2 cc's on my report, so these scores don't reflect my actual score because alot of the bills I paid are still showing "unpaid".
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Loan with low scores

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores are 588, 531, and 573. I really need a new car. I'm 25 years old and at the age of 19, I screwed up my credit. Right now, I'm working full-time bringing in about $1700, while in school. I don't have a co-signer either. How much do you think is a reasonable figure to ask for when applying for a auto loan? I've paid off all, but 2 cc's on my report, so these scores don't reflect my actual score because alot of the bills I paid are still showing "unpaid".

You don't NEED a new car, depending on your situation you might need A car but that could and possibly should be a USED car, a NEW car is an expensive luxury for people with excellent credit and/or substantial cash.

You give your income, but you do not give the most important number: how much cash and/or equity on a trade-in can you bring to the table? Smaller Loan-To-Value ratio equals less risk to the lender.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.