Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Re Fi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Re Fi

I have a Auto loan with Cap one that I have been paying on for a year and I got approved with NFCU for a re-fi . Will the Cap one account still show on my CR or will my AAOA be affected by taking the new loan ? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Re Fi

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Auto loan with Cap one that I have been paying on for a year and I got approved with NFCU for a re-fi . Will the Cap one account still show on my CR or will my AAOA be affected by taking the new loan ? 

Thanks

AAOA might be affected by the new loan (new tradeline with 0 history after all); however, the C1 auto loan will eventually update to 0 balance / paid and then remain on your credit report for the next 10 years or so.  You only will take the AAOA hit for the new tradeline, the old tradeline will still remain.

        
Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

By all means this is one of those times where $$ saved is better than the short term drop in aaoa that you get from opening a new account with nfcu for the refi.

The cap1 will continue to remain as a paid in full account for the next 10 yrs so don't worry.

I did a refi of my truck with nfcu and it was easy peezy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:
By all means this is one of those times where $$ saved is better than the short term drop in aaoa that you get from opening a new account with nfcu for the refi.

The cap1 will continue to remain as a paid in full account for the next 10 yrs so don't worry.

I did a refi of my truck with nfcu and it was easy peezy

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.