Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refi After 1 Year

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Auto Refi After 1 Year

@Anonymous wrote:

I contacted mine, US Bank, and they actually said they can't because there are no local branches in my state. They can offer an original loan via the dealer, but not to me personally. Sounds very stupid and typical bureaucratic nonsense in the age of online banking. 

I'll be going to my own credit union. But all I haev done with them is deposit $100 about 5-6 months ago. So I don't actually know how they are to deal with. 

When I first started with Logix, I wasn't getting much help out of them. This was the first time I got other services out of them other than a checking/savings account. But I guess since they were only re-fi'ing an auto loan which has been on-time for seven months, that is less risky for them. They wouldn't take the loan when I first bought it and when I wanted to get a small loan to pay the sale tax on the car, they wouldn't budge on that either.

My advice is just do your regular banking through your credit union. One thing I like about Logix is rewards points for usage, I got $70 out of it thus far. Also if I use anybody's ATM and get charged a fee, they will refund it.

SDFC is my other CU since I have their secured card. I will be closing that soon and applying for the unsecured version because they have no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees and low interest rates.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Refi After 1 Year

I've been with PNC since college, so I'm grandfathered in. But I will likely use my CU to refi and see about a low % cc. They pull EQ my lowest score.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.