cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refinance...How to Rate Shop?

tag
PetuniaJane

Auto Refinance...How to Rate Shop?

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. I'm looking to refinance my auto loan which is currently 7.6 % through VW Credit. (Love my TDI!) I have a pretty solid credit score (750+ TU) and had a quick question for the experts here. Is LendingTree the best way to rate shop? I'd like to get the lowest interest rate possible, but pay the same amount so that Gretta the Jetta is all mine as quickly as possible. I've never missed or been late on a car payment over the course of two car loans through VW. I appreciate all of your expertise! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Refinance...How to Rate Shop?

Take some time to read around here.  You'll notice CUs such as PenFed and DCU with incredibly low rates.  Lending Tree shotguns your credit app and you end up with a bunch of inquiries.

Edited to fix typo

Message 2 of 3
PetuniaJane

Re: Auto Refinance...How to Rate Shop?

Thank you so much for the quick reply! That was exactly the answer I was looking for. I didn't want LendingTree to result in multiple inquiries. I visited DCUs website, and the posted rates definitely beat my bank's. I'll start there, does it matter that I'm not a member?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.