Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refinance Rates? Just Refi'd with Capitol One @ 6.16%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Refinance Rates? Just Refi'd with Capitol One @ 6.16%

Just wondering what everyone else is seeing for rates out there. According to MyFico.com my scores should land me a 8.85% rate for a 48 month loan but I just refinanced with Capitol One Auto at 6.16% for 47 months (the term left on my existing loan). Are MyFico rates bogus or did I just get a good deal? Either way, I'm happy! I went from 24.99% to 6.16%.... a savings of $274.70 a month. Basically the amount of money that went towards interest every month is now going towards my pocket.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Refinance Rates? Just Refi'd with Capitol One @ 6.16%

MyFico's interest rates are just national averages and will vary based on where you live, lender, amount owed, past credit, etc. They are just a good reference. Most people will be within a couple of points of the interest rates myfico shows. Congrats on the refi though.

Message 2 of 5
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

I'm refinancing with PSECU for 4.99%. Penfed was 3.99% but they turned me down (lol for a refi)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is great... whe  you refi'd with them, what was your score? I started at 17% then they said they can refi me at 11%... I went via online application... Is this the wrong thing to do?

Also, how often can you refi... My loan is 8 months old... I am refi'ing at a lower rate and the months on the loan do not extend. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to get another car to lower my payments

So I just recently split from my husband although we are still living in the same house.  I need to get my budget down a bit more before I move out.  I am currently paying 415 per month for my car that I have now and owe only 14k on it. 

I see these leases out there that are great but not for me.  I claimed chapter 13 last December. and was discharged. But my daughter whom I co signed for a student loan is not paying and this is affecting my score. right now it is TU=620  EX= 555 and EQ= 656.  

Not sure what that will get me for a interest rate and what would my fico be with that? I live in Minnesota and want to either lease or buy a new or used car with payments spread out as far as I can get them (72months).

what kind of score would I have? and what is the auto loan interest rate for this? Should I go to a bank? if so what would be the best one to try? 

I also have a mortgage through wells Fargo. But I don't think they would give me an auto loan. any suggestions?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.