Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto- enhanced FICO score question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto- enhanced FICO score question

If a 4 year car loan has been paid on time with no lates for 2 years, is it safe to assume that an auto-enhanced score is at or near it's highest point?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto- enhanced FICO score question

@Anonymous wrote:
If a 4 year car loan has been paid on time with no lates for 2 years, is it safe to assume that an auto-enhanced score is at or near it's highest point?

Does that mean the previous 2 years before that have lates?

I know on regular credit after 2 years lates are not counted but with auto enhanced do they go back further?

All I know is I'm currently a 623 TU and last week I was told I was a 530 EX Auto Enhanced, I have only made 4 payments on my new auto loan so far but WOW what a difference.

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is an excellent thread concerning Auto Enhanced Scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that mean the previous 2 years before that have lates?

I know on regular credit after 2 years lates are not counted but with auto enhanced do they go back further?

All I know is I'm currently a 623 TU and last week I was told I was a 530 EX Auto Enhanced, I have only made 4 payments on my new auto loan so far but WOW what a difference.

I mean no lates ever. 

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Then one would think your auto enhanced might be better... I really wish we could pull them ourselves so we can see if any info is incorrect like on a regular fico!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my TU FICO on Friday and it was 768. Yesterday at Toyota their auto-enhanced for me came back 753.

I have a paid off account that was only open for about 18 months (started two years ago) and then a brand new lease as of July and this yesterday was for a second vehicle lease.

After reading here, I was really surprised to see it come back lower than regular FICO, but it didn't matter in my case, as their Tier1+ is 740+ anyway.

I'm guessing it was less for the auto-enhanced because, while my history is perfect and high-dollar, it's only two years of history.

Message 6 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Then one would think your auto enhanced might be better... I really wish we could pull them ourselves so we can see if any info is incorrect like on a regular fico!

the reports are the same, the score is just calculated differently.  there is no info to check.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.