cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto lease ended - closed with balance?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto lease ended - closed with balance?!

In the past week I ended my auto lease and bought a new vehicle. I had some mile overage fees on the lease, which I was able to get the dealership to roll into my new auto loan. I also had one more monthly payment on the auto lease, which the dealership said I still had to pay.

Yesterday the installment for the auto lease was updated on my EX report. It was changed to Closed, but is reporting a balance of the mile overage fees PLUS the last month's payment! But my online account for the lease is reporting a balance due of $0.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Is this something I should be concerned about or should I just watch it for a little longer to see how the dust settles?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Re: Auto lease ended - closed with balance?!

Are those agreements in writing, and do you hold a copy of it?  

Print off or save the page stating you owe $0.  I wouldn't count on a CRA for what is owed on future bills, only to accurately report what was owed and paid in the past.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think anyone can answer your question here intelligently because it sounds like you had an agreement to roll over some costs etc.  Your best bet is to call the lease company,  having said that what they are reporting to the credit agency is likely what they have on record.

Message 3 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Correct, start with the lease company. You don't want them reporting a late when you think you are paid in full

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely check with the lease company tomorrow.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.