Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan D E N I E D :(

tag
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: Auto loan D E N I E D :(

The dealer flat out lied to you about the extended warranty.  I would cancel this immediately if possible.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 21 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yes, warranties can be canceled. You can call up the finance manager or even the manager of the dealership and explain the situation. 

Explain that you know it was a flat out lie about getting the approval only with a warranty and that you want a refund immediately. A well worded yelp review goes a long ways.

Otherwise, 1-800-Subaru-3 is very helpful monday-friday.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 39
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Silviaspeck wrote:

So, I just came back from a dealer and I got APPROVED!!!!!!!! my Transunion score used was at 71x and approved for 4.65% APR.

Price of the car was negotiated down to $27000 (well below invoice) but I got stuck with extended warranty for $2200 on the top...

The Finance manager told me that I MUST get this warranty for the bank to approve the back end of the deal? And this is non-negotiable.

How much truth is there? Can I still call Subaru after I take deliver (next week) and cancel this warranty I do not want?

You do not have to get the warranty. There was no truth in that. Please don't sign the documents when you're not sure. Even if you do want the extended warranty, they have about a 100% mark up so please know that its price is very negotiable and there is plenty of  cushion. Even your interest rate is negotiable. If you haven't signed the finance contract, please put in an application at a few credit unions. You're score is 700+, if this is FICO you shouldn't have trouble getting less than 3%. And credit unions wont lie to you and force you to get warranty

Message 23 of 39
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Silviaspeck wrote:
Yes it was 27k for premium. Which I think the price was pretty good considering.

However I am hearing that you can cancel the extended warranty directly from Manufacturer even after I take delivery of the car. Is this true?

If so, I would say that I got a sweet deal for a premium!

And also thanks to everyone here for advices and support! I should be more excited but I feel so ripped off about the warranty.

Be excited! You got approved for an auto loan at a decent rate, so congrats for that. Yeah you got swindled about the warranty, but you know it will never happen again cause now you know. Just cancel if you really don't want it. 

Also, be sure to write a stern review on the dealership. I'm not referring to yelp. Most big dealerships send out surveys after you've purchased a vehicle about you're buying experience. The salesman and the finance manager need a certain amount of positive surveys for their commission. Let the finance manager have the truth!

Message 24 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Subaru for sure has a review that you send out. The salesman loses $100 on the deal if you give anything other than perfect.

I was referrring to yelp though, because the dealer will do anything to change it to a positive review. The written review for subaru won't help fix the problem.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 25 of 39
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

The finance manager basically said that without anything on backend (warranty) the deal would not be approved...

I have read online that gold plus warrantt from subaru can be canceled so I will do just that after I tske delivery. I really dont have the patience to go back and forward with her anymore. I was arguing about the warranty for 2 hours in the office.

Research on google says I can call subaru of americaand they can interject and speak to the dealer directly and get my refund.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have had good luck calling 1-800-subaru-3 with any problems. They will call the dealer on your behalf and get it resolved. Do it on monday, do not wait until you take delivery. 

Message 27 of 39
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

What if they start giving me problems about taking the car home on thursday because I am canceling the warrantt...?

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Silviaspeck wrote:
What if they start giving me problems about taking the car home on thursday because I am canceling the warrantt...?

Subaru-3 will make sure that doesn't happen

Message 29 of 39
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting the approval. Hope you get the warranty canceled with little to no problems.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.