Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan D E N I E D :(

tag
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

Re: Auto loan D E N I E D :(

Ok so an update.

I spoke to subaru of America and explained to them what had happened to me in regards to my extended warranty being forced to me.

They assured me that no one can force a warranty on to me if I did not want it. Also, if I already signed, I can always call back and they can cancel the warranty and cut out a check to the lender to be applied to the principal.

Mind you I did not give them what dealer this was from as I wanted to try to manage this with the dealer first.

Spoke to the finance manager and she was quite rude and basically told me the same story even when I told her that I spoke to subaru.

Conversation became a little escalated and voices got loud and she said "you know what? I don't even want to do this deal with you, I will just give the down payment back to you!" And I said fine and hung up.

She calls me back 5 minutes later and says that she will try to do something for me. I explained that I still would like to give my business to them but I do not want to take something I do not want and have to pay for it. Instead, I will take few other options (spt cat back exhaust and the spt short shifter with bushings) and remove the warranty and lo jack.

She then tells me that she needs to speak to the parts manager, call the bank back and yada yada..

Calls me back after 30 minutes to tell me that she did indeed remove the warranty and all other junks I didn't want and she added the spt parts in for me with installation and my monthly did not change.

Funny thing is, she asked if I gave the dealer name to subaru when I called lol... I guess subaru is strict with how the dealers treat their customers?

Anyways.... For those who say spt parts are waste of money and that I can get better performing parts for same money, I agree. However since I do not have a garage to work on, I would just rather take oem parts and stay within the basic warranty for 3 years.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 39
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

Wait my mistake. She still gavel the 5 yr warranty and included the parts.

So what I will probably do is still cancel it after taking delivery

Message 32 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, they get in trouble when you call that number Smiley Happy

So, she gave you the parts for free? Or what?

Next thing to do is intake, then get an on the fly tuner. Going to be a sweet ride.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 33 of 39
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

Parts were included for the same price as far as monthly goes.

This is how the deal went before.

Car =27000
Warranty =2300

New deal

Car 27500
Warranty 1400
Exhaust and short shifter 800 (msrp is 1200 and 400)

So what my plan is to cancel the warranty after picking up the car

Message 34 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Silviaspeck wrote:
Parts were included for the same price as far as monthly goes.

This is how the deal went before.

Car =27000
Warranty =2300

New deal

Car 27500
Warranty 1400
Exhaust and short shifter 800 (msrp is 1200 and 400)

So what my plan is to cancel the warranty after picking up the car

That is actually a decent deal on the warranty, as long as it is the standard 6 year 100k with no deductible.

Doesn't hurt to have a warranty on a WRX.

Why did the price of the car go up? That is BS!

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 35 of 39
SBX

This is what $3,000 down and you have to prove your income right ? Which bank did you finance though ? and also if the car has exisiting warranty, never buy extended unless its about to expire.

Message 36 of 39
Silviaspeck
Valued Member

I was financed through tdbank by the dealer. I was approved with 4.65% and I'm pretty happy with the rate given my limited credit history and first time buyer.

I will post more info later on when I get home Smiley Happy

As for the warranty I'm planning to cancel it through subaru and they said they will cut the check out to tdbank directly

Message 37 of 39
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new car and the approval!

I just can't believe you still wanted to give them business after the way she spoke to you and hung up on you.

I would've told her to take the extra parts and.... well, nevermind.

Congrats, again!

Message 38 of 39
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

Boy, Isn't buying a car fun?Smiley Frustrated  It should NEVER come down to the dealer losing their temper!  

When we just got our car, The finance guy says,"I know buying a car can be hard."

Then I ask him why, and he just shrugs his shoulders. lol  and the lying,  WOW!  when you call them on it, they pass it on to someone else like  "He should have never said that.  I will have to have a talk with him."  Yeah right!Smiley LOL

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.