Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan MESS HELP!!!

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

Auto loan MESS HELP!!!

Ok so about 4 months ago i took my 2014 car to a dealer to trade in for a 2014 truck, needed a truck for work.  Long story short the dealer did some illeagle things to get the loan pushed through.  I pick up the truck and had issues from day one, multi issues!! I called the finance company and told them i dont want the truck and told them what was going on, they asked me a few questions reguarding the loan. I had the truck for 2 weeks and in the 2 weeks i had it in my possion 3 days. The rest of the time it sat at the repair shop or at the dealer lot.  In the end the finance company made the dealer undo the loan and give me my trade in back. Like the loan never happened.

Fast forward to last weekend. I go to look at another truck, dealer pulls my credit and the other loan is showing up with a 30K balance and 3 payments. I never made even one!!

The dealer said i need to call the finance company and tell them to get it off my credit reports. Which i did this morning. I am waiting for a call back this afternoon from a supervisor. The one person i talked to said it shows a 0 bal on there end. They havent updated the CR in 2 months.

Question is.

Should I have it updated to show paid on time no miss payments and closed?

Or should I have it delated off compleatly? 

Which would be better for my credit profile?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto loan MESS HELP!!!

@superdad wrote:

Ok so about 4 months ago i took my 2014 car to a dealer to trade in for a 2014 truck, needed a truck for work.  Long story short the dealer did some illeagle things to get the loan pushed through.  I pick up the truck and had issues from day one, multi issues!! I called the finance company and told them i dont want the truck and told them what was going on, they asked me a few questions reguarding the loan. I had the truck for 2 weeks and in the 2 weeks i had it in my possion 3 days. The rest of the time it sat at the repair shop or at the dealer lot.  In the end the finance company made the dealer undo the loan and give me my trade in back. Like the loan never happened.

Fast forward to last weekend. I go to look at another truck, dealer pulls my credit and the other loan is showing up with a 30K balance and 3 payments. I never made even one!!

The dealer said i need to call the finance company and tell them to get it off my credit reports. Which i did this morning. I am waiting for a call back this afternoon from a supervisor. The one person i talked to said it shows a 0 bal on there end. They havent updated the CR in 2 months.

Question is.

Should I have it updated to show paid on time no miss payments and closed?

Or should I have it delated off compleatly? 

Which would be better for my credit profile?

I would guess paid is better then deleted but at this point just take whatever they do as long as it's 1 of those 2!

Message 2 of 4
superdad
Regular Contributor

They did agree to deleate from all 3 agencies.  I even recived an email from them confirming it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally think deleted is better. If it showed you got loan for 2 months and paid it off isn't all that great. With such a short payment time and paid off some lender might view as you might be able to handle loan in long term and just pay it off

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.