Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan PAYOFF / ReFi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan PAYOFF / ReFi

Hi all! New to the auto forums !  So, after years of credit rebuilding, I was able to REFI my SANTANDER AUTO LOAN at 18.9% to PenFed at .... 2.99% !!!!  WOOOOOOOOO!! could not be more thrilled!  However, my question is this -- once this Santander loan reports as PIF, am i likely to see a score drop, or bump, or nothing?  Im worried as some people see score drops after an auto loan payoff due to change in mix of credit ... I have over 15 major CC's / Revolvers, about 15 student loans (installments), a few charge accounts and the auto loan (which will re-report anyway as a new loan as soon as PenFed posts it)...

Any thoughts on this?  My scores are EXP 688  EQ 640 (after I let my BofA CC report 80% util on accident!) and TU 691.  FICO 8.  My FICO 9s are all over 700, go figure lol.

Thank you all !

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan PAYOFF / ReFi

If you refinance, the new loan will be reporting and it will almost be like a wash.  As for the question of your score dropping, it will be hard to take a guess as it all pertains to what is in your credit file.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.