Established Contributor
eviLution

Auto loan/Repo

I had an auto loan in 2005 that got repo'd because I was going through some personal issues back then. The repo fell off my reports last year and so did all of my paid off collections I had. so as of last year I started off with fresh and clean reports.

Well, I'm thinking about getting an auto loan this summer and my question is am I considered a first time buyer since my reports don't have any auto loans on record? My longest history is a Cap1 secured card that I got in July 2012. I have 3 credit cards and 2 store cards at the moment

Do you think I'll qualify for an auto loan with only a year of history in July and am I considered a first time buyer?

DCU Visa Platinum 11/12

Discover 1/13

Express 1/13

Walmart 1/13

annual income 18k, but I make over 20k with side jobs.

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 9500 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Auto loan/Repo

eviLution wrote:

I had an auto loan in 2005 that got repo'd because I was going through some personal issues back then. The repo fell off my reports last year and so did all of my paid off collections I had. so as of last year I started off with fresh and clean reports.

Well, I'm thinking about getting an auto loan this summer and my question is am I considered a first time buyer since my reports don't have any auto loans on record? My longest history is a Cap1 secured card that I got in July 2012. I have 3 credit cards and 2 store cards at the moment

Do you think I'll qualify for an auto loan with only a year of history in July and am I considered a first time buyer?

DCU Visa Platinum 11/12

Discover 1/13

Express 1/13

Walmart 1/13

annual income 18k, but I make over 20k with side jobs.

You might be able to get a high interest loan with a good down payment. Sounds like you will be a first time buyer, but that probably isn't your biggest problem. The problem is likely the short history.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+