cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan advice- Upside down and having a hard time.

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan advice- Upside down and having a hard time.

It's a combination of easy approvals and predatory (imo) dealer practices (pushing warranties, over-priced cars, etc...). This has little to do with the thread, but I think a mortgage like bust is coming for the subprime auto loan world in the coming years. It prolly won't spill over into the overall economy since autos are easily repo'ed and auctioned quickly, preventing bank reserves from being entirely depleted.

Message 11 of 13
blondy250
Established Contributor

Some economists predict the next bust will be the trillion dollar student loan debt.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 12 of 13
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Or that. But I think subprime autos will bust as well. It won't reverberate through the economy though. People will just have a harder qualifying for auto loans in the future, is all.

I think though that the government knows the student loan bust is coming. Thats why they are offering things like Income Based Repayment and forgiveness after 10 or 20 yrs. I view this as an indirect bailout that I assume they think will stave off any problems.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.